Hello, Friday! TGIF. And TGIFFF. It's Friday Fave Fives. Welcome to this end of February edition of Willow's Week in Five things that make me happy and thankful. Even though my heart is very heavy and I have been praying and praying for peace in the world, I purposely focus on finding Five things to give me hope. Follow that link above to join us in finding joy.
1. Hikes and walks are always a fave with me. Monday our weather was temperate and it was warm enough to walk. Yay! We drove out to the end of one path we have been wanting to walk or bike and walked 2 miles out and 2 miles back. It was a school holiday and there were many others on the trail. Warm + free time = busy. There was even a kitty monitoring the passing population of humans.
2. Exploring new places in the area is also always a fave. The county south of us is mostly rural but also has some sweet towns. We found a coffee shop and have been twice this week, once with New Boy and then with our SoCal coffee time buddies.
3. I finished this Many Buttoned Vest. I particularly like the wide cabled section in the back. Yes, I know there are no buttons on it. The idea is to find and add your own favorite buttons.
4. A long long zoom call with a long time friend. We've known each other for thirty-six years, and through much of that time our friendship has been sustained over long distances. I value her friendship so much!
5. Family dinners. That's what we call them. Sometimes, they're planned. Sometimes, they're spontaneous. How I love living near my girls so we can just enjoy a meal and each other's company. I am so blessed.