1. SPRING FLOWERS. Super bloom is happening! The poppies are growing wild! How I love California's state flower. We walk around the neighborhood, peek out our back window, gaze at the mountainsides. Poppies everywhere!! (warning: poppy picture overload below)
poppies all over my garden
even 'popping' up in my lavender
cream colored poppy
two toned poppy
2. SKILLS. More masks made. Oops. I didn't take a photo of the five masks I dropped off at the gathering point on my friend's porch this morning. The call for masks hasn't slowed down. I've lost count of the number of masks I've made. It doesn't matter.
3. KINDNESS. I made masks for several couples/families in our small group at church. Some sent me notes to thank me, one gave me flowers and oranges, another shared some homemade carrot cake. One of the things I am loving about all this crisis time is that I am seeing the KINDNESS of people.
4. HUMOR. This made me laugh. Even the topiary bunny in our neighborhood is maintaining self isolation and social distancing.
5. LIFE! The baby I made this kimono for was born this week. She is a preemie, in NICU, but thriving. We've prayed her and her mama through all these months of stress and uncertainty. Soon she'll be home and wearing this little sweater.
What KINDNESS, BEAUTY, or HUMOR have you experienced this week? And here's hoping that May will be filled with more positive changes.