My lenten rose has bloomed just in time
This Easter weekend will be celebrated very differently than any I remember. We may be isolated at home, but we will be celebrating today and Sunday with others via virtual videos. I need to reflect back on the Good things of this week. Here is Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives.
1. This morning I spent almost two hours skyping with my art group. We can't meet together, so we do it virtually. We all agreed that it is a highlight of our week.
2. I am loving how our community and church are coming together to make masks, both for the medical facilities and for 'regular people'. I asked for fabric. Got it! I asked for elastic. Got it! Wow! Lots and lots of mask making in my week ahead.
3. Rain. Southern Californians
4. Books. As I take breaks from sewing, I grab a book and READ. I'm loving my reading times. Almost as much as I'm loving my daily walks.
5. I read an article that referenced C.S. Lewis's sermon titled "Learning in War-Time" which he gave in 1939 at the beginning of World War II. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wishes to read it, but I want to share a couple of things in light of our current world situation. His advice: Don't get distracted by too much news. Look to history--life has always been lived dangerously. Secondly, don't be frustrated or worried. Focus on your vocation which is what you are supposed to do today. For me, that's sewing masks. Finally, Be Courageous during these trying times. [Can you just imagine reading this timely advice during the bombing of London?] This was a very encouraging article for me.
Finally, I want to mention that I know I didn't get around to read everyone's FFF posts last week. Right now I just can't go into details, but we are mourning the loss this week of someone very close to us. Sometimes, I just have to stop and grieve, and I never know when it is going to hit me. I'll try to do better this coming week.