Yay! Autumn is my favorite season! This is my first Friday Fave Five for Fall. These are just five of the things that I am thankful for this week. Follow this link-- Fave Fives with Susanne --to join in expressing your thankfulness.
1. As I just wrote, Autumn is here. I love fall! Truly, I am thankful for all the seasons, but for me, fall is best.
2. Now that we are retired, The Professor and I often take an extended trip during autumn. This year, we planned a road trip to visit our son, Chaplain Dan, and his family in Arizona. So yes, we are on the road. I am thankful that we can do these trips. (Yes, Ohio, we'll be back soon!)
*St. Louis, Missouri (crossing the Mississippi River)
3. The Professor and I love botanical gardens and nature reserves. So, obviously, we would find gardens to visit on our journey. This garden, Shaw Nature Reserve, is west of St. Louis, MO. We spent almost two hours there, hiking and driving around the areas.
4. We chose this route so we could follow the Santa Fe Trail, which started out on the same path as Lewis and Clark took for a ways into Missouri. Then the Oregon Trail, California Trail and Santa Fe Trail split off. Already, on our first day, we have learned so much about these Pioneer Trails. I am thankful that my husband loves history like I do and enjoys nerding out about this kind of history.
5. While we are away, we have several different people keeping watch on our house, our garden, our bee hive. I am so very thankful that we live near our two daughters and that they take care of things while we are away.