I'm a day late and probably more than a dollar short because I spent yesterday driving my Younger Daughter to a doctor appointment and to work and then returned later to pick her back up again (fun times just chatting in the car). But I have been thinking all week of my blessings and want to share them with you. Here is Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives. (You know to follow the link to get to Susanne's blog.)
1. When we drove in our driveway one evening, we noticed a box at our front porch. We got mail! The best kind of mail. Older Son Chaplain Dan shipped us a box of his homemade limpa! It's a traditional Swedish Christmas bread, and he has continued to keep up the tradition of making it. Did I already say YUM?
2. I am thankful for a warm home. Just stepping into the garage to put recycle in the bin makes me feel frozen. When I step back into the house, it's WARM.
3. On Wednesday evening, we visited the home of new friends. Older Daughter arranged for a meeting (more on that another day) to gather information we all needed. We had a WONDERFUL WELCOME from this family and chatted for almost two hours, were served yummy chocolate cookies baked by their teenaged daughter, had a quick night time tour of their garden, and gained much info we needed. The Professor was already acquainted with the husband, and that was an added benefit. (And n,o we were not disobeying any health dept rules. Yes, it is ok to visit people as long as we are observing social distancing.)
4. Every day, I have been reading and collecting information on how to garden in my new climate. I'm having fun and thankful for all the books and articles that are available for learning. I am putting it all in a binder I have titled
5. I am thankful we had some sunny days this week. That means we were able to walk the bike/hike path south of our daughter's home. It also means beautiful sunsets.
I have to admit that weather here is bi-polar. Sunny one minute, stormy five minutes later.
Even so, I love watching the weather. It's all part of God's wonderful creation!