It's Friday and time to celebrate Friday Fave Fives, the day many people band together HERE and voice their thanks for the blessings of the week. Here is Willow's Week in five blessings.
Happy April! April means warm weather, sunshine, rain, Easter, green leaves and spring flowers! New life!
1. Resurrection Sunday! The day we celebrated Jesus's resurrection from death and celebrate that we too have life in Him. Our family attended church service together. Then we met at Younger Daughter's home for a simple lunch (bringing our own meals, so no one was overwhelmed with cooking). After that, we grabbed their doggies and drove to a favorite hiking place, Black Hand Gorge. Walking along the trail next to the river, we noticed that the green was just beginning to pop out.
2. Spring is really here. This week, just two days later, the trees are blooming and showing their leaves. And I discovered grape hyacinths in my front yard!
3. My granddaughter is running track for the first time. So of course we had to attend her first meet!
As my daughter said, "Do you know how hard it is to photograph that girl running at top speed?" (Yes, they won the relay race.)
4. It was late when we drove home after the meet. So we all decided that Chipotle was a good option.
5. Because I had to pick up a prescription at the grocery store pharmacy, I thought to ask about covid vaccines since we have been unable to schedule any appointments. We left our names and cell numbers for any cancellation opportunities, and a few days later, we received a call. "Can you come in this afternoon?" Yep. So The Professor and I both have our first shots.
There are always so many more blessings in our lives each week if we just look for them!