I am on a short trip. Three states today. But I'll be back in a day or three. So this may be the only time for the next three days I can post my Friday Fave Fives. I apologize upfront that I may not be able to comment on other blogs for a few days. Just going to be having too much fun. And maybe not enough internet.
Anyway, here are some things for which I am deeply grateful and thankful.
1. Younger grandson, Little Warrior, is
obsessed with all about cars lately. So to celebrate the end of the school year, he received a ticket to visit Monster Truckz. Younger Daughter, The Professor and I went with him to see the exhibition of crazy big decked out trucks driving around a track. (this was two weeks ago, but I decided to include it here). AND...I am having difficulty uploading photos, so...maybe if you don't see any photos, come back later and I will have been able to upload them.
2. One morning, The Professor needed to work on mapping the compass course for the Trail Life group's lessons, so we drove out to that same wonderful wild park where he went to work on his project. I took a wonderful hike through the woods, veering off on new-to-me trails. I met only two other people the whole time.
3. One trail I followed was the Fairy Trail. There were posters with pages from a fairy story all along the trail. And everywhere I turned, there was a fairy house. I plan to write a separate blog post about the Fairy Trail and show all the pictures. The whole area was enchanting.
4. For the first time since moving to our new state, we were able to attend a face to face small group from church (called life groups here). Older Daughter is part of the group and it is wonderful and so encouraging to get to know people more intimately in a smaller setting. I am so thankful for this milestone.
5. While you are reading this, I will be hanging out with one of my best friends from college. So. Excited. We sang together in a trio for three years representing our little college all over CA, OR and WA. Hopefully, there will be pictures to show in the next week.