Cold. It's. Cold. The weather, not my heart. Truly, my heart warms as I think on how I am blessed this week. When gratitude becomes a habit, it warms one's heart and the hearts of those around one. Friday Fave Fives with Susanne is an excellent way for us all to warm our heart and practice making gratitude a constant part of our week.
Here are five wonderful reasons for gratitude this week in my life.
1. A weekend spent with Younger Daughter. There was a ladies retreat organized by women from my church. It was hosted in a hotel in Amish Country. My younger daughter was available to attend, so she accompanied me. Oh, my, we had a wonderful time. What a blessing.
2. It was fun to also explore Amish Country a bit. We saw several horses and buggies. We enjoyed grabbing coffee and chai at a local coffee shop. We had fun choosing a handmade soap to try. And then we had to choose what popcorn and fudge we wanted to sample.
3. Our drive home was a fave. It was snowing and the roads were a mess. Thankfully, we happened to be driving along a country two lane road directly behind the snow plow truck which was also dropping salt onto the road just ahead of us.
4. I finished a knitting project. Last year, I made this red shawl, but I delayed blocking it. So, finally, I stuck it in vinegar water (think: don't want that red dye to bleed everywhere) to soak and then wet blocked it on dark blue towels (think: if it's going to bleed any color, it won't show on a blue towel). I'm quite pleased with the result.
5. Little Warrior, our younger grandson, spent the evening with us Wednesday. Dinner and hanging out with The Professor in the basement messing with the new model train set. For me, the sweetest part was when he informed me that he regularly reads this blog. 💓 oh my heart!
Bonus! Yes, I love old barns! (you can check out my Monday blog post if you like barns, too)