Friday, January 14, 2022

Small Blessings

 Good afternoon!  I had such great plans to post a couple of times during the week, mostly about my knitting projects.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  But here I am on Friday to post my Friday Fave Fives.  If I do nothing else all week on my blog, I make sure I write about the five blessings I noticed this past week.  Friday Fave Fives is really important to me and I hope it is to you, too, and it encourages you to look for events of gratitude in your life.

1.  Walks outside.  I know, I know.  I post something like this EVERY WEEK.  But being outside and walking or hiking is one of my happy things.

2.  The reason for being able to walk--mild-er weather this week.  I'm not holding my breath.  Snow is coming.  But in the between times, I appreciate the respite.

3.  Another happy thing.  Sitting in a comfy chair reading and sipping tea.  This week's book choice is The Bird in the Tree by Elizabeth Goudge.  And the tea is spearmint--from my own garden.

4.  There is a new member of the family!  Meet Fritz Sawyer Winston ok, maybe Fritz.  Younger Daughter's neighbor offered her a very sweet and adorable puppy.  Now there's a debate discussion about what to name him.  Isn't he just the cutest?

5.  Trail Life for the grandsons.  Both boys are part of the local Trail Life troop.  This is like Boy Scouts but with a strong Christian faith based emphasis.  The Professor has been a leader since we moved here and it's a great activity for them to enjoy together.  This week there was a ceremony to celebrate those who have earned badges.  Both grandsons received at least one.  The photos are very blurry, but you can tell how pleased they are.



I hope you have found small blessings in your week, too.  Sometimes, we have to look around for them.  But they are always there.

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congrats to your grandsons on their Trail Life awards. That sounds like a great program. My sons and grandsons were/are involved in Boy Scouts. Good organization. Character building. Too bad there have been some bad apples that got into that barrel. I always seem to post about walks and hikes too - my outside walks are the highlight of my day. Your new puppy is darling. Personally, I think Fritz fits him rather well. Relaxing with a good book is always a blessing. Glad you had a good week, and I will see you again soon!

Susan said...

Your doggie is so cute!!!! That is cool about your grandsons. I would love to go walking and I would love to be near the woods, but I live in the city. Enjoy your walks!

Wendy said...

Always good to get walking done. Congrats to your grandsons. That puppy is so cute but I'm a bit confused - is he yours or your daughter's? And is he in your house? Either way I'm sure you'll see a lot of him. Enjoy your weekend.

ellen b. said...

Trail Life sounds like a wonderful alternative to the Boy Scouts! Hats off to the Professor for being involved and congrats to the grandsons for their awards!!
So about the puppy. I'm guessing maybe since you could relax and have tea and knit the puppy is not living at your house? Enjoy those walks before and after snow. If you get a lot of snow you could buy snowshoes...

Faith said...

yay for TRAIL LIFE!! Love the organization and congrats to your grandsons! great accomplishment. (i used to lead The Pathfinders..again similar to Trail Life but for girls, when my oldest was between the ages of 6-10. Such a fun time).

i LOVE the little puppy and I lean towards the name Sawyer. He looks mischievous so the name reminds me of Tom Sawyer :)

YAY For reading good books and sipping tea. How fun to have your own spearmint. i've been enjoying a decaf chai spice on these bitter cold evenings.

I hope you can take many more walks this winter. It's down right single digits here and our youngest girl who lives with us has Covid so we are all home until Tuesday or Wednesday. ugh. I just may bundle up to take a quick walk around the block just to breathe in fresh air. Snow arriving tomorrow supposedly. we shall see!!

ENJOY the rest of the holiday weekend

Susanne said...

Congrats to the boys on their badges! What a special thing to share with their granddad. That is an absolutely adorable doggy looking all dapper with his kerchief. Hope you have lots of walks yet this season, maybe even with that cute furball along!

Barbara Harper said...

We got some snow yesterday. Glad you got some walks in. Congratulations to the grandsons on their badges! That puppy is so cute.

A Joyful Cottage said...

What a cute pup! Is he a poodle? A labroadoodle? Whatever he is I love the name options. Fritz kinda fits his look, though. Sawyer is cute. Winston, too. Oh dear. What a conundrum! Congrats to the grandsons on their badges. Good for the Professor for stepping in to lead. I love that! Hugs.