Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
A great place to surf,
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
My Five Faves for this past week:
1. A week at home. Even The Professor has been gone this week and so I've been alone at Willow's Cottage. A lot of reading has gone on.
2. My car needed some work done and our mechanic came and got it and drove it over to the shop and had it finished in 45 minutes! Every time we take our cars in for service or repair, he is pleasant and efficient and he always does a little something extra. I think his business model is based on the statement "Above all, be kind and generous."
3. Lavender. I have six lavender plants and they are outdoing themselves in blooming this summer. I have bouquets of lavender drying all around the cottage. Soon it will be time to fill up the sachets I knitted.
4. I discovered that my neighbor's husband was out of town this week too, so I invited her to our church's summertime Wednesday night dinner. We had so much fun! Good food, good conversation, lots of laughter, and, the best part, we didn't have to cook!
5. A clean kitchen. Once a year, I deep clean my kitchen, pulling everything from the shelves, cupboards and drawers. At the same time I'm cleaning, I declutter and reorganize everything on the shelves. I decided that the best time to do it was while The Professor was gone so he wouldn't have to wade through the piles of pots and pans to find the espresso machine. When he gets home this afternoon, he'll walk in to a clean kitchen.
There were a lot of other faves for me this week--it's always hard to choose just five, isn't it? You can visit Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story and share what others have to fave about this week.
How was your week?
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
At the OLD BALL GAME!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
4. We are staying with MamaMia and The Marine and had the extra joy of seeing Chaplain Dan and The Princess for two days because they were in San Diego on business. Being with family is the absolute best part of any week!
I hope you have had a great week, too! You can pop over to Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story to join in or find out what good things other people have focused on this week.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Saturday, July 04, 2009
When they put their signatures on 'the line', the signers of the American Declaration of Independence did not know whether they were actually signing their death notices or an historic document that would change the course of Old and New World history. We know, and we thank them today for their courage, their audacity, their determination.