August! Wow! I'm not ready for August! But here it is and here it is the first Friday in August. Fridays are my FRIDAY FAVE FIVES
days. (Follow the link to join in!)
1. It's FAIR TIME! Our county fair opened on Wednesday and The Professor and I were there. We dragged along his sister and nephew and a young friend from church. Dragged might be a bit of an exaggeration. They happily accompanied us. We love the exhibits and the musical group son the small stages. I'm thankful for where I live!
2. While I was demonstrating spinning at our weavers and spinners guild booth, they all took off to look at fun things like the stamps section in one of the "hobby buildings" and the photography competitions. Then they decided to watch the pig races. From their reports back to me, the pig races may have been their favorite. I'm thankful they all wanted to spend a fun day with us.
3. I have also been (FINALLY) organizing and scanning some of our old photos. After I scan them, I am putting them into various albums. Right now, I am focusing on the photos from our years in Indonesia. We lived for three years in the house in the foreground of this photo. For us, that was luxury living! We had access to stores, four hours of electricity at night, and running water!
Erickson-Tritt Bible Institute
This is where we spent more of our time.
Our home is not in the picture--it was just to the right outside the photo. The church is the building on the far right. Only access to the village was helicopter (or walking for a week).
I'm thankful for the years we were able to live and minister in such an amazing place!
4. The reason I started back up again was that my daughters asked me for some photos of them together when they were young because they are having a birthday party barbeque this weekend to celebrate their birthdays which are two weeks apart. I found one which I though would be right. They were SO CUTE! (They still are!) I'm thankful my girls still love each other and love to spend time together.
And this one of the three of us
5. I love to study new things. Right now, I have TWO NEW THINGS to study. I just signed up for a free introductory class for making herbal preparations. AND I checked out some books from the library on sketching. Why two such different things? Well, partly because I want to learn about herbs and herbal medicines AND I want to draw the sketches of each herb I study. Now those are not the only reasons for my interests, but that's how these two intersect. I'm thankful I can learn new things and it's mostly free access to so much knowledge!
What are you thankful for this week?