Better Late Than Never. It's Friday evening and I am finally slowing down a bit to sit and focus on writing my Friday Fave Fives for this last week of April. It has been a busy week, but it is important remember all the blessings, too. (this link will take you to join in or read others' FFF)
1. On Monday, we took a day trip to Amish country and visited Lehman's to find a replacement for the glass chimney for my oil lamp which broke when we moved. I have searched and searched for a chimney but couldn't find one anywhere. I knew Lehman's had them, so we just did the day trip and found other items that we knew the store would have like a replacement belt for my old treadle sewing machine.
2. The Professor put up the pole to place something new by the back patio. A bird feeder! I'm loving watching the birds and learning to identify them.
3. Wednesday afternoon I tackled a chore I had been ignoring for awhile (longer than I realized). I filed all the papers that had been piling up in the file basket! It took me hours but I did. I really do love to file, so it wasn't as odious for me as it might have been for other people.
4. Yesterday, we drove out to where we were able to pick up the pieces that will become our bee hive! We are both excited about having our very own hive in our backyard. The woman who brought out our hive also mentioned a beekeeping group that meets once a month in our area. YES, we are excited about our new sweet adventure into beekeeping.
5. Just this afternoon, The Professor commented that the blessing of having a young man walking out of Lowe's behind us and offering to help us load a heavy piece of lumber and eight cinderblocks into our car needed to be part of my FFF this week. So YES! He helped us and we are very thankful for his thoughtfulness and willingness to help.
PS: you may have noticed the absence of any photos. My camera and my computer aren't talking to each other right now. Hopefully, I will figure out why they're mad at each other.