Saturday, April 01, 2023

Spring Break

 Yep. Spring Break.  Even though The Professor and I are retired teachers, we notice when spring break happens.   This year, spring break was filled with family things midst the usual.  I want to focus on Five Things that made me thankful this week.  I am linking this with Susanne's group FRIDAY FAVE FIVES.

1.  On Tuesday, we took the spring break grandkids to COSI (Center for Science and Industry) which is a great science museum in Columbus.  We had a great time exploring all the places.

2.  The Tutankhamun Exhibit was a highlight.  If it ever is showing in a museum near you, do go see it.  It's great!

3.  Younger Daughter made sure I was well cared for.  She arranged for a wheelchair and Grandson, Little Warrior, insisted on being my pusher.  Any time I had to walk with my crutch, Tall Boy was there to lend a hand.  I love how my family cares for me. 

4.  Thursday morning was spent, per usual, with our friends T and S, chatting nonstop and drinking coffee.  We enjoyed a snack and then realized that the coffee shop had a special that day for black bean burgers. So, we enjoyed lunch with them, too.

5.  The reason why I am late posting my faves is because I attended a health conference with a friend.  She invited me a couple of months ago to accompany her into Amish Country area and take an intensive class on making herbal teas, infusions, and tinctures.  While I have been doing this for awhile, the class did solidify my knowledge and I did lean some new information.  And she won a wonderful basket of goodies in a raffle.  And the drive was beautiful.  And we connected with a new friend.  I am thankful for this friend and for the things I learned.

No new photos this week.  But enjoy daffodils from England (last year).






7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love daffodils and those pictures are beautiful! So glad that you had a good time at the conference and learned a lot. The trip to the museum with your grands sounds perfect for spring break. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a great Spring break. That class sounded very interesting. Thank you for the daffodils! Our green stalks are just poking out of the ground!

Wendy said...

Sounds like you've had a busy but good time during the spring break - ours has just started. Lovely photos of the daffodils. I've had daffodils in the house for the last few weeks - the local supermarket were selling bunches quite cheaply. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

What a great week! I'm glad you got to spend spring break with the grandkids doing something fun and were able to navigate well. The health conference sounds interesting. I love daffodils. Yellow is not my favorite color, but who could fail to be cheered up at such perky, happy flowers.

Faith said...

It sounds like you had a great week! Spring around here and in new england begins on Good Friday and goes until April 16th. I cannot wait!!

How thoughtful your family was regarding getting you a wheelchair. I hope you are healing well.

LOVE the England pictures!!

Melanie said...

Oh wow! The Tutankhamun exhibit must have been fascinating! I'm glad you had able helpers to push you around so you could enjoy it.

I love daffodils. They are blooming here now as well. So pretty.

The workshop on herbal teas and the like sounds very interesting. I've been curious about teas and their medicinal value as well as oils.

I hope your week is a good one.

Teresa said...

Hello Willow! I'm a HUGE fan of COSI also, and a fellow Buckeye (I live near Zanesville). Another place I HIGHLY recommend to visit in Columbus is Otherworld!! I'm also retired, and my kids took me there for a visit last year--it was AMAZING! If you love COSI, you'll love this, too! Here's the website url to check it out! https://www.otherworld.com/main/home-ohio

Love your blog!