Friday, April 07, 2023

Go-Go and Good Friday Faves

 It has been a go-go-go week here at Willow's Cottage.  I have had to remind myself a few times to Stop. Breathe. Focus. Be thankful.  That is what Friday Fave Fives is about.  Focus on the week's blessings. (follow the link to be part of it)  And it is Good Friday, a most important day in the year's calendar.

1.  On Friday (a week ago!), a friend and I drove about an hour and a half northeast of home to attend the Whole Health Conference.  Wow!  It was great!  We took the making herbal medicine class which was very hands on.  We created an oil using essential oils and also watched our teacher make a salve from herbs, oils, and beeswax (exactly how I make mine).  The dinner and snacks were exceptionally yummy.  All in all, it was a great day and we plan to attend the full weekend conference next year.  And the conversations to and from in the car were so uplifting.

2.  Saturday was the wedding of the older son of our 'family' from Southern California who moved here last year.  It was a Star Wars themed wedding.  The Professor and Older Daughter had helped to set things up on Friday and we all showed up for the 10:30am wedding and stayed after to clear the space for church service that evening.

3.  I have only one sibling.  An older brother.  We have always been close and he is so good about calling and talking with me on a regular basis.  This week, I called him and we chatted for a good long time.  What a blessing it is to me to have a sibling with whom I have such a great relationship.

4.  Because of busy schedules, we have not had a chance for family dinner with our daughters and grands, lately.  But this Wednesday, we all carved out time on Wednesday evening to eat together and enjoy each other's company and conversation. (the grands requested Panda Express, so The Professor did a take out run to grab their favorites)

5.  It is Holy Week and we attended the Maundy Thursday service at our church last night.  Since The Professor was on lighting duty, I sat alone.  Scriptures were read, walking us through the day and night of The Last Supper and Jesus' time in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Then we took communion.  This time was the highlight of our week.  And finally, I slowed down and just focused on my thankfulness for Jesus' sacrifice of His life for me.

Happy Easter to all!

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

It's so great that you have a good relationship with your brother. That is a nice picture of the two of you. You certainly did have a busy, on-the-go week and it sounds like a lovely week. I completely agree with you about being thankful for Jesus life and sacrifice for us. May you and yours have a blessed Easter!

Melanie said...

I haven't seen my brother is a few years. I plan to see him in September when I go down to Florida for a visit. I'm glad you were able to be with yours.

I grew up in the Episcopal Church where we had Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and, of course, Easter Sunday services. My church only has Easter services. I miss them.

I've been getting interested in essential oils lately. Thank you for the link to the person who put on the health day. Very interesting.

I hope you have a blessed Easter Sunday.

Susan said...

Hi Willow, My dad was an only boy and he had no close cousins with the last name of Sandoval. But the name is carried on. My brother, nephew and grandnephew are all named after my dad. There is also a grandnephew named after my grandfather. I just got back from our Good Friday service. Have a blessed Easter!!!

Susanne said...

What a great picture of you and your brother! Sounds like a very busy but fulfilling week with lots to be thankful for.

Barbara Harper said...

That class sounds so interesting. We had Panda Express one day this week, too! What a joy to talk with your brother. Your Maundy Thursday service sounds lovely. Happy Easter!

ellen b. said...

Happy Resurrection Sunday to you and yours!!

Faith said...

HAppy (belated) Resurrection Day/Easter Sunday to you and yours!!

Great photo of you and your bro!

We didn't have a Maundy Thrs service but we did have a Good Friday service with worship, Scriptures, prayer, communion. Such a sacred special evening. I just love Easter and worshipping our risen REDEEMER!!

The health conference sounds very interesting and helpful!

Enjoy the upcoming week.

Tajikistan said...

Thanks for your time and effort in making this blog

nikkipolani said...

Great faves, Willow, in a busy week (especially for one with a broken ankle!). Glad you've had good visits both by phone and evening meals and communion with the family of God.

Maybe you'll post about your natural remedy recipes.

Gretchen Joanna said...

What a lovely picture of you and your husband. Happy Easter!