Good morning. Are you roasting, sweating and burning in the heat wave crossing much of the northern hemisphere this first Friday of summer? Please be careful and drink lots of water. Put ice and cool cloths on the insides of your wrists. Place a bucket of ice in front of a fan to cool down a room.
OK, that was your public service announcement. On to FRIDAY FAVE FIVES. Here's Willow's Week.
1. Shakespeare in the Park. We love watching Shakespeare plays, and every summer there are performances in a park in the capital city. Sunday night, we packed a picnic and drove in to watch Much Ado about Nothing. So much fun! Even the grands loved it.
2. New fences! The fence at our daughter's home is showing its age. Since she has a dog, she needs a good strong fence (although sweet Shep wouldn't try to break out). AND we wanted a fence around our back yard, mostly to keep the deer and bunnies out. So, after waiting weeks and weeks for our materials to arrive, finally, we have fences! Those hard working fence builders did all of our daughter's fence and almost all of our fence in ONE DAY. I'm thankful for our new fencing and for hard workers.
The big question: will the fence keep the deer out?
3. I was texting with my friend and she commented that three goods in life are : good book, good coffee, and good chair. I think that each is good, but all three together are great.
4. Speaking of coffee-- we had a coffee date with our CA friends at another new to us coffee shop. These coffee dates are so much fun. This shop is on a canal--great location, too!
5. Oh, and books! At the local library, I found an Elizabeth Goudge book I had never read. Yay! I love Goudge's books. This one, The White Witch, is keeping me in suspense because it is set during the English Civil War period. I love the historical references, too.
Bonus: if you want to read my post about the Fairy Trail, here is the link: The Fairy Trail.