It has been a whirlwind this week. By that I mean our schedule AND the wind. All of a sudden, I realized, "Hey! It's Friday afternoon! I haven't sat down at the computer and written my Friday Fave Fives!" So here I am, taking a breather, sipping some herbal tea (sweetened with local honey), and focusing on what has blessed me this week.
1. Safety. A friend in Oregon texted me one on Wednesday and asked, "Are you OK?" I had no idea what she was talking about, so I checked our weather channel. Hmmmm, we were in line to maybe have a tornado?? The blessing is that we avoided the tornado warnings and 'only' got crazy rain and thunderstorms. I'm thankful my friend alerted me and that we remained safe.
2. As I was cleaning out my purse today, I came across a small torn bit of paper with a quote on it: "With walking, familiarity breeds happiness." Kevin Fossett. Normally, one reads that statement--'familiarity breeds contempt'. But with walking your neighborhood, your local paths, familiarity, breeds happiness. This week has bred happiness for me as I have stuck to walking close paths.
3. I can't help it! I adore farm houses and old barns. Driving even within a few miles of my home, I encounter those wonderful places. This barn just reached out and touched me with happiness.
4. I have been experiencing some severe pain in my left hand. I needed to see a doctor and fortunately I was able to schedule an appointment with a hand specialist in one day! The diagnosis is that I have 'trigger finger'. The treatment was a steroid injection. The pain is subsiding and we will see how things progress. I am SO SO thankful I was able to secure a quick appointment and receive the help I needed.
5. SPRING is here! (not that the weather is aware of that) The daffodils are blooming! Nothing speaks spring more than daffodils! I am thankful for both the equinox arriving and the flowers blooming.