Friday, March 18, 2022

St. Patrick's Week

 Friday Fave Fives!  (follow the link to join us)  It's all about green and Irish and St. Patrick this week!   Yes, I am focusing on what I can do, not the situation in the world.  If I show love and am loved, maybe that will spread to others and encourage them and maybe love will flow around the world.

1.  I should have been named Pat.  Why?  March 17th is my birthday!  All my life, I've loved that people celebrate my birthday with much joy.  And everything green.  And parades.  And shamrocks.

Me, about two weeks old.


2.  So many messages, cards, and phone calls.  ALL my kids (and daughter-in-law) and grandkids chimed in as well as my brother and sister-in-law and The Professor's siblings.  Talking to my far away sons and Chap's wife was a highlight of my day.

3.  People asked what I did to celebrate.  Well, we drove into the city so The Professor could have two dr appts.  But between the appts, we enjoyed coffee and we picked up a couple of pies.  I would much rather have pie than birthday cake.  Yum!

4.  AND the weather was wonderful so we joined Older Daughter, The New Boy, and another pre teen boy who is nearly family on a hike. 2.6 miles along a river.  Coffee.  Pie.  Hike.  What could be better for my birthday?

5.  That pre teen boy?  He is visiting Older Daughter this week from Texas for his spring break.  His mom is one of her BFFs and he asked if he could spend his vacation with her and New Boy.  We've enjoyed having him here for dinners and walks and even a backyard bonfire.

All in all, St. Patrick's Week was a success!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so happy for your wonderful birthday! I made lemon meringue pie, but I don’t know that it is especially Irish. Lol. Mary

Barbara Harper said...

Happy birthday, a day late! I'm so glad it was such a wonderful day for you.

Faith said...

Happy belated Birthday!! I haven't really been on FB much otherwise I would have said it on there as well! Pie, coffee, a hike...PERFECT (well i'm not a cake OR a pie person although i made one for Pi day to please my math nerd daughter and husband...i'd rather have chocolate coconut ice cream for my bday :) )

LOVE that you included a boy who is visiting your daughter.

Sounds like a wonderful week...happy spring!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice birthday! That is such a cute baby picture of you. I love that you were able to get some hiking in. Have a good weekend!

Wendy said...

Belated birthday wishes. Sounds like you had a great day. Sometimes doing simple things with the ones you love is all you need. And pie of course. Don't forget the pie! Have a good weekend.

Susanne said...

Happy belated birthday and St. Patrick's day! Pie for birthdays sounds good to me! Sweet baby picture of you. How fun to enjoy a nice hike with family!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you! How fun that you get to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day! It's such a fun holiday. Your day sounds absolutely perfect:)

Gattina said...

Happy belayed birthday ! That's funny that you are born on St. Patrick's day. Here of course it's a day like all the others there is no St. Patrick here ! But you celebrated it very nicely !

Rajani Rehana said...

Wish you a very happy birthday ��

nikkipolani said...

Definitely memorable happy birthday with all your beloveds ringing or texting or sending their love. Glad you're enjoying an extra guest for St Patrick Week. Bonfire sounds just lovely.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a very good week. What a sweet photo of you at a couple weeks old. Glad you were able to have a hike on your day!! Happy Spring to you and yours.

Shed Base Shop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.