Happy Friday! I am stopping, taking a breath, and reviewing my week. Can it really be the very last day of April? We are one third of the way through 2021. Here are the blessings I've noted. FRIDAY FAVE FIVES. Click the link to join.
1. Exploring new parks is always fun. It turns out that the park we visited last Friday is used mainly by off road bikers, so we didn't hike any of the trails. But it was wonderful to find all the trees are producing their green leaves.
2. Work is being done at our daughter's home to repair the damage done by flooding in her neighborhood last year. That is truly a fave because it has been a long and hard road to find workers and materials.
3. As I am writing this, I am hearing pounding and thumping on my roof. Yes, the roofers are here. Long story cut short. We had a leak in our garage. It kept getting worse. No roofer were available. We made arrangements with the contractor to do other work, and he told us he also does roofs! AND, it's the same contractor who is working on our daughter's home (see #2)! After yesterday's torrential rainstorm, we are very thankful to have roofers here! Of all workmen, I think roofers should be paid the highest wages considering the risks they take working on roofs.
4. Finally, I'm getting some spring cleaning done.
5. The Professor and I enjoy watching old movies in the evenings. This week we found Harvey, starring Jimmy Stewart. Have you ever watched Harvey? I know it seems silly to include that movie in Fave Fives, but, really, it is a great reminder of the importance of being pleasant instead of smart. Want to watch the scene? Here it is! Let us be pleasant and nice this week!