Friday evening. Here I am at Willow's Cottage. And trying to catch up. (Is it really Friday? Are you sure it isn't Wednesday?) Yeah, how can a quiet week get crazy? Anyway, here are Five Wonderful Things that I can think of that happened this past week. Thanks to Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for hosting FRIDAY FAVE FIVES every week!
1. Believe it or not, I had time to read. In fact, I finished one book and read the entirety of another.
2. A friend of Older Daughter's found out that I weave and spin. She has just inherited a large floor loom, so she invited me and another lady to her home to help set it up. It was fun to sit on the floor and figure out how to assemble a loom that did not come with any instructions (and no brand name!). But they did it and I mostly watched and followed their directions. (as in, hold this up; keep this piece steady; can you grab the scissors?)
3. Same friend lives in the country and has extra perennial plants and flowers that she is going to give me for my garden. Stay tuned. I plan to pick them up tomorrow. I love having already-adapted-the-climate plants to put in my garden.
4. We are working with a contractor and have signed for getting our fencing up! And we have the wood for making the raised garden beds. I may be really excited about my garden.
5. Home track meet! We were able to walk over to the middle school where our granddaughter's meet was being held. And she placed second in the 200 meter race and beat her personal record in the girls' high jump! This is the girl who has never run or jumped until this spring!
And so this was Willow's Week. Not all that exciting. But definitely blessed.
Have a blessed week, my friends!