Good Morning to you on this last Friday in October! It's cold and rainy. The leaves are falling fast in the wind. It's mid autumn. How are you faring? Have you stopped this week to think about the blessings God has graciously given you? Here are FIVE FAVE THINGS on this FRIDAY that I have noticed in my week. If you want to join in, click on THIS LINK which will take you over to Susanne's blog.
1. I missed posting my FFF last week because the moving crew of two guys was here unloading the trailer and bringing our belongings in to our new house! I am thankful for God providing pleasant hardworking people to move our furniture and boxes (and boxes!) of things in for us.
2. Earlier in the week, painters arrived to paint about half the rooms in the house. Oh! It looks so much more like 'our place' now! Again, I'm thankful for excellent, careful and cheerful people working in our home.
3. This may sound like NOT a fave. But we happened upon the BEST dentist. At church, we met a young couple and discovered she teaches at The New Boy's school. And her husband works for a local dentist. We made appointments, got in for our check ups in quick time. And! I called for a first appointment with a medical doctor and got in to see her THE NEXT DAY! If you've ever moved, you know that finding medical people is not always easy. I'm thankful for the smooth and fast transitions.
4. We voted in Ohio! I am thankful that we CAN vote!
5. Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series!! Go DODGERS!
Bonus: Every time we drive around our new area, I notice just how much like England it looks! My grandson, The New Boy, commented on that when we were in England last year (March 2019). I looked up these photos of Avebury, Wiltshire, from a trip I took with his mother in November 2016 . It looks like Ohio! Except, of course, for the sheep grazing in the park.