Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge, Halloween Style

 Hello, it's Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by From This Side of the Pond.

From this Side of the Pond

1. Boo, boo-hoo, make a boo-boo, boo(ze)...pick one and tell us how it relates to life lately.

                Honestly, all I can think of is that ‘Bu or Ibu is the Indonesian word for mother or Mrs.  I was often called Ibu or ‘Bu when we lived in Indonesia, so that is the connotation that always pops into my mind when I hear ‘BOO’!  

2. Do you like the color orange? Would we find this color in your home? Your wardrobe? Peach-pumpkin-tangerine...your favorite shade of the three listed?

                I am not a fan of the color orange.  The reason is certainly that I look terrible in orange, being a very fair-skinned blonde.  You will never find orange in my wardrobe unless it shows up as a tiny bit of accent in a floral print.   If I had to choose one of those three colors, I would want tangerine, simply because I enjoy eating tangerines.

3. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. What's the last chocolate something you tasted? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being out of this world delicious, how would you rate it? 

                Every evening, The Professor and I each eat a small portion of a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s.  It’s fair trade and very dark.  We purchase only fair trade chocolate because we have learned that chocolate harvesting and production has the WORST history and record for human trafficking.  I have seldom tasted anything better, so I would give it an eight or nine out of ten.

4. Life is like a box of chocolates or so says Forrest Gump's mama. Would you agree? Aside from the pandemic fallout tell us one way this saying has played out in your life. 

                Life is like a box of See’s Candies mixed chocolates.  You never know when you bite in to a piece, what you’re going to get.  It’s always an adventure.  And so is life.   An example:  when I married The Professor, lo those many years ago, I thought I was marrying a man who was going to be a college professor (like his father).  Our life course changed and I was a missionary wife, an engineer’s wife, back to missionary wife again, and then finally, in our last decade or two of working before retirement, I became a professor’s wife.  So, I guess I did marry a professor; it just took a long time for that to happen.

5. As October winds down tell us three things you loved about the month we're bidding adieu. 

                I loved the turning leaves.

                I loved the crisp blue sky days.

                I loved unpacking boxes in my new home and ‘rediscovering’ items I had packed months ago. 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

               You do not need to work out at the gym if you are unpacking your new home.  Lots of steps.  Plenty of heavy lifting, bending, moving.  

9 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Yeah, I am sure unpacking is a real workout.

Joyce said...

Moving is certainly a work out. It is fun to see what comes out of the boxes. Interesting answer to #1. I learned a new word : ) Enjoy your week!

Susan said...

Thanks for the information on Trader Joes dark chocolate. Yes unpacking is a workout!

Theresa said...

Yum, Trader Joe's chocolate is the best! Unpacking is a workout for sure. For me so is raking leaves ;) I did that yesterday and was actually sore. Have a great rest of the week :)

Susan said...

Hi Willow, that is a made made lake at Dos Lagos in the south end of Corona. It is off Cajalco and the 15. San Diego is about 95 miles from me. You were in the Santa Barbara are before you moved?

ellen b. said...

Moving, packing and unpacking is definitely a workout! Glad that time has come for you to unpack and rediscover things. Happy end of October to you!

Barbara said...

(smile) I can agree with you on the physical work out one gets when unpacking from a house move!! It is exhausting. I have even lost weight with some of my moves!

And the fun of unpacking treasures you had bundled up months before. That is a treat!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got your professor. Good luck with the unpacking. It's definitely hard work. We emptied the final box supplied by the removal company today! We still have things to sort and organise but at least the removal boxes are empty and hopefully they'll be picking up all the empty ones tomorrow.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My husband has been on a tangerine kick for months now and that's a good thing! I'm glad you have dark chocolate each night, it is good for you. I love See's Nuts and Chews. I believe I like all of them in the box! Sweet story about your professor.