Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday is Hodgepodge Day

Fall Hodgepodge Wednesday.  Welcome~

 1. Just your weekly mid-week reminder that it's fall y'all and it's my favorite. I love nearly all the flavors of fall but let's weigh in with an either or today...pumpkin or cranberry? hot apple cider or pumpkin spice latte? cinnamon or maple? apple or pear? ginger or sage? carrot or butternut squash? Yes you have to choose. What's a favorite dish made with one of the flavors listed here? 

I love both pumpkin and cranberry!  Once or twice a year, I will drink a pumpkin spice latte, but it's a big treat.  Cinnamon, yes.  Maple, yes.  In fact, yes to all of the above.  How can I choose?  It depends on what  they are 'peared' with.  I adore ginger and maple the most!  A favorite dish?  Well, I make granola with maple sugar and cinnamon.  Does that count?

2. Do you miss traveling? In this season of almost no travel do you think you've grown anxious or fearful about traveling again? Or has all this staying home not going anywhere made you restless to get out and see the world? What book have you read or what movie have you watched that has inspired you to travel?

We had planned to visit Alaska which is the ONLY US state we haven't visited.  But that was canceled due to this season of no travel.  So on that point, I am disappointed.  Our whole family loves to travel and the other evening we spent the whole time together "planning" a trip to England.  Where do we want to go most?  What do we want to see? 

 Am I restless?  Not really.  Having moved 2400 miles in the past two months, I'd say I'm happy to be resting in my new place a bit. 

Books:  right now I am rereading a book titled Traveled Far by Kevin Fossett.  The book chronicles his wanderings along paths all over England.  He also tells the story of his walk on St. James Way.  Another author who inspires me to travel is Louis L'Amour.

3. A time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'? Explain. 

When I was eighteen and had just graduated from high school, I switched my college choice in JULY on a whim.  I had never head of Los Angeles Baptist College, but I met a Gospel team from the school at a summer camp where I was working.  Short story:  I ended up at LABC (which is now called The Master's University), on a scholarship and never regretted my seat of my pants change.

4. Do you struggle with road rage or are you more of a 'Sunday driver'? Do you like to be 'in the driver's seat (literally and/or figuratively speaking) ?

I don't really have a problem with road rage.  I might lecture the driver about his driving etiquette or 'ask' him where he learned to drive, but I don't get mad.

I do not enjoy being front man on a project.  I excel at doing the background work, though.  Literally?  Yes, I enjoy driving but The Professor usually does the driving when we are together in the car.

5. Something you've recently 'put the brakes on'? 

I don't think it's recently, but I have massive brakes on political conversations.  They seldom end well.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We are full speed ahead on moving in to our new home.  The trailer with our possessions arrived this afternoon.  The painters will be finished with their job today.  Moving crew will be there at 9:00 am on Friday.  Yes, I am ready to be settled!

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

It's so exciting that you are almost moved in! I love the story of your "seat of the pants" college change. Amen about political conversations - truly something to avoid right now. I will be back to visit again soon. Enjoy what's left of the week.

Wendy said...

Sometimes we just have to go with our instincts on big decisions. I was all set to go to Uni then during my final school exams I decided I'd had enough of education at the time. Stayed home and found myself a job. Haven't regretted it at all. So glad you are almost in your new home. Look forward to hearing about it. Impressed that you only have 1 state left to visit. I don't think I've even been through let alone "visited" all the English counties. (Might have to think about that lol)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know, it was hard to choose. The maple sugar sounds good. Your traveling is definitely impressive. Best of luck with getting settled into your new home.

Mevely317 said...

Your granola with the maple and cinnamon sounds sooooo good! Loving all the foodstuffs Autumn has to offer. Alaska was the last of our 50 I visited; if possible, I'd go again in a heartbeat. Don't table those plans just yet!
Congratulations on settling in your new home!

ellen b. said...

Woohoo by now you have all your stuff in your place. Exciting! Enjoy!