Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce as the hostess. Click THIS LINK to join.
1. What's one part of your everyday routine you'd be better off without?
In the afternoon, I have the tendency to sit too long and then get up and grab a snack. I really don’t need either.
2. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. So what did you/will you do?
I drove my daughter to physical therapy and picked up a coffee for her.
3. What question do you hate to answer?
“Can you teach me to knit?” I am a left-handed knitter, so it is difficult for me to teach right-handed people the basics of knitting. And I hate saying no.
4. Do we have control over technology or does it have control over us. In that same vein, have you watched The Social Dilemma (available on Netflix) and if so what did you think?
Whether we realize it or not, technology is controlling our lives. Advertisements. Politics. News. Social interaction. What do you do if you have a question about something? Pick up your phone or dart over to your computer and ask Google. No longer do we step over to the bookcase and pull that book off the shelf and open it to find the answer. I have not watched The Social Dilemma yet. I do see the negative effect that electronics is having on my grandchildren. Smart phones. Smart watches. IPads.
5. What are three small things that make your day better?
I’ve always stated that the three great goods in life are a hot shower (or bath), a comfortable bed, and a strong cup of coffee in the morning.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I love having a garden. Dreaming and planning, I am imagining next year’s garden in my new plot of land. Flowers, herbs, shrubs, vegetables. And a small place to sit and relax.