Friday, July 11th. I've missed a few Friday Fave Fives because of our travels. There's SO MUCH to catch up on! Here's the link to FFF at Susanne's blog
1. Home after 6,845 miles and 4 1/2 weeks. That is a fave on so many levels. We *heart* traveling, but it's great to be home. (cleaning, laundry, garden, meetings...)
2. Projects finished. I knitted 25 hats and gave away 5 of them. I also made The New Boy his afghan. By the time we reached home, I had knitted my way through all but 3 works in progress I had taken on the road trip.
3. Wonderful memories of visiting people and places. Here's a list of the US states we drove through, in order: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Lousiana, Alabama, Florida, Alabama,Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally back to California. We visited children and grandchildren and siblings and cousins and friends. Oh my.
4. Favorite town. At least this week as I sort through photos. Taos, New Mexico.
St. Francisco de Asis church in south Taos
5. Special knitting projects to keep me busy the rest of the summer. Infant size Plain Vest by Pickles--with a little hat. Pink? Yup. For a new little PAL joining our family in October. Excited? Yup.
It's SO GOOD to be back with the regular schedule of Friday Fave Fives!