Friday, June 11, 2021

June, Take Two

 I am on a short trip.  Three states today.  But I'll be back in a day or three.  So this may be the only time for the next three days I can post my Friday Fave Fives.  I apologize upfront that I may not be able to comment on other blogs for a few days.  Just going to be having too much fun.  And maybe not enough internet.

Anyway, here are some things for which I am deeply grateful and thankful.

1.  Younger grandson, Little Warrior, is obsessed with all about cars lately.  So to celebrate the end of the school year,  he  received a ticket to visit Monster Truckz.  Younger Daughter, The Professor and I went with him to see the exhibition of crazy big decked out trucks driving around a track.  (this was two weeks ago, but I decided to include it here).  AND...I am having difficulty uploading photos, so...maybe if you don't see any photos, come back later and I will have been able to upload them.

2.  One morning, The Professor needed to work on mapping the compass course for the Trail Life group's lessons, so we drove out to that same wonderful wild park where he went to work on his project.  I took a wonderful hike through the woods, veering off on new-to-me trails.  I met only two other people the whole time.

3.  One trail I followed was the Fairy Trail.  There were posters with pages from a fairy story all along the trail.  And everywhere I turned, there was a fairy house.  I plan to write a separate blog post about the Fairy Trail and show all the pictures.  The whole area was enchanting.

4.  For the first time since moving to our new state, we were able to attend a face to face small group from church (called life groups here).  Older Daughter is part of the group and it is wonderful and so encouraging to get to know people more intimately in a smaller setting.  I am so thankful for this milestone.

5.  While you are reading this, I will be hanging out with one of my best friends from college.  So. Excited.  We sang together in a trio for three years representing our little college all over CA, OR and WA.  Hopefully, there will be pictures to show in the next week.


11 comments:

Cathy said...

Looking forward to your pictures and I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm especially looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the fairy trail. It sounds wonderdful.

Wendy said...

Have a wonderful time with your friends. Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing all about it when you're back!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures. The Fairy trails sounds so exciting. My son at that age was trains. Thomas the Train was a common site.

Barbara Harper said...

Three states doesn't sound like a short trip! :-) Hope it's a great one. The Monster Truckz sounds great, especially for a young boy. The fairy trail does sound enchanting. It's nice to be able to meet with a small group.

Jerralea said...

I would love to visit Fairy Trail! What an awesome idea for young hikers.

My grandson loves cars as well; and I'm sure would be all about Monster Truckz.

Faith said...

ooh...I can't wait to see your hiking photos through Fairyland!!

I hope you're havinga marvelous trip.

the Monster Truck thing sounds perfect for a small child!!

Meeting new people from church via small groups/life groups is a true blessing.

Happy weekend!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That Fairy Trail sounds lovely. Have a great trip. It is always fun to meet up with dear friends. So glad you are enjoying your Life Groups from church. Safe travels and enjoy your weekend. :-)

Mereknits said...

Hope you are having a wonderful visit! Your life sounds so full of love, family and friendship. Enjoy!

ellen b. said...

Hooray for a road trip and seeing a dear friend. Looking forward to hearing about it. How nice to be able to meet face to face in a small group, too. Enjoy!

Karen said...

I can't wait to hear about the Fairy Trail! I hope you're having a blast with your friends:)

Susanne said...

How fun to hang out with an old college friend. The Fairy Trail sounds like something my dayhome kids would love! Big trucks and kids go together. How fun you were able to take your grandson to that!