Friday, April 14, 2023

A Lovely and Warm Week

Friday Fave Fives are short and sweet this week. (will life ever calm down?)  Even in the midst of busy lives, it is important to slow down, focus, and remember to be thankful for all the blessings of the week.  The link above will take you to Susanne's blog page and you can join FFF or read what others are sharing this week.

1.  A quiet Easter Sunday. Lovely morning service.  Then in the afternoon, Younger Daughter brought the grands over to help us begin working on some garden projects.

2.  Very quick and easy dentist visit.   I do not enjoy visits to the dentist although my dentist is truly one of the best.  Since I had developed a small chip in a tooth, it was a simple procedure.  I am thankful for dental health care and a wonderful dentist.

3.  Beautiful weather.  I am so ready for spring, and this week spring was really and truly here.

4.  The man who has been cutting our lawn for us the past two years, mowed for the first time this week.  Our yard looks so nice now.

5.  The Professor and I had the opportunity to share lunch with a young woman who is a missionary nurse in a Latin American country.  We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her and find out more about her ministry.  I am thankful that people are continuing to focus on bringing help and the good news of Jesus to people all over the world.

Bonus:  This morning as the Art Girls (all five of us this week!) were chatting on a zoom call, one mentioned how important it is to recall how God has blessed and changed us through the years, not just the days and weeks.  So true!

11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a nice week. Glad to hear that you had a nice Easter. Amen to that bonus favorite - we must always give thanks and praise to God for blessings big and small. God is so good! Have a good weekend!

Susan said...

Hi Willow, I would like to know more about your Art Girls. Yes, it is good to remember things from the past. I just journaled Psalm 78 and the beginning talks about how important is to pass history to the generations. Our church sponsors several missionaries. Have a wonderful weekend!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely week - not too taxing but things accomplished and good meetings. Enjoy the weekend.

Faith said...

Well guess what?! i too had a small chip in my front tooth (and the week before i had a great dental cleaning/exam and all was fine!) that i noticed on Easter evening. I too dislike getting work done on my teeth but my dentist's son who is also a dentist nad only 31 yrs old is known as the Bonding King so he quickly and effortlessly and painlessly bonded the tooth and in 5 min i was out of there! Glad you got yours done too. We so often take dental care for granted but it IS a blessing when we have a good one.

LOVE the sound of Art Girls. How fun.

My husband is soooo wanting me to go on a missions trip with him once i retire. I told him that is definitely something I would need to pray about. We support all kinds of missionaries through our church and it's always a blessing to hear back from them.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend enjoying SPRING!

Anonymous said...

The Midwest does have beautiful Springs. Leaves are opening, the tulips happily blooming, and the birds happily singing and building nests. I’m with you. I love Spring. Mary

Barbara Harper said...

Isn't it funny how we thought life would slow down as we got older? Ha! :-) Sounds like you had a great week. The weather has been lovely here, too. I'm glad your dentist procedure went well. I need to make an appointment with mine--now that Easter and birthdays are over, I can get to that. My husband mowed this week, too--the yard looks so great when freshly done. Your art girls and lunch with the missionary sound great.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like a lovely Easter and week to follow. So glad spring is finally arriving in your neck of the woods. We've had spring and summer all at once these past couple of weeks. I am not ready for summer yet, so keep hoping spring will win out for a little while longer. I enjoyed hearing about your lunch with the missionary and the "art girls" zoom meeting. All wonderful things and thoughts. Have a blessed and beautiful week.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like wonderful blessings.
I'm looking out my window at lawns that need their first shave!
Happy fresh week to you.

R's Rue said...

Such goodness.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

nikkipolani said...

Hurray for spring! And planning garden projects and getting the lawn mowed. Very nice.

Susanne said...

How fun to meet a missionary nurse and be able to spend some time with her. Sounds like your Easter was lovely. Dentist visits are not my favorite thing either but I'm happy when the work is all done.