Is it really April?? Wow. This fast pace (on one hand) is making my head spin. The slow pace of being at home (on the other hand) is also making me lose track of days. It seems like our world is full of Bad News/Good News. I am trying to focus on the Good News part. Here are my Bad News Good News Friday Fave Fives.
1. Bad News. We are fighting a pandemic. Good News. We're all working on flattening the curve.
2. Bad News. We can't meet with friends and coworkers. Good News. You tube Sunday morning church services. Zoom small groups. Skype calls with some of my besties.
3. Bad News. Some people can't get out to shop. Good News. Our community, neighborhood, church are banding together (metaphorically speaking) to make sure people have what they need. Example: I just now had FRESH STRAWBERRIES dropped off on my door step. Bliss!!
4. Bad News. Our health workers in the county are struggling to have enough masks. Good News: Some people in our community have banded together to make masks. Personal detail here: my friend (the same one who dropped off those strawberries) is providing fabric to make the masks. I think people are going through their stashes. Some people are cutting the fabric. Others are delivering it. After burrowing around in our storage unit, we found the box where my sewing machine is packed. I brought it home, set it up, and made fifteen masks yesterday--almost done; I just have the ties to sew on. Also, we've ordered fabric from a store (drive by store pick up) so I can make masks for ourselves since our county is starting to require everyone to wear masks out in public areas.
5. Bad News. No. I jut can't do any more bad news. Good News. The Professor and I are safe and well. We have plenty of food to eat. We are feeling the love of our community and are able to give back some of that love.
How are you handling the Bad News and Good News?