Friday, February 25, 2022

Final February Fave Fives

Hello, Friday!  TGIF.  And TGIFFF.  It's Friday Fave Fives.  Welcome to this end of February edition of Willow's Week in Five things that make me happy and thankful.  Even though my heart is very heavy and I have been praying and praying for peace in the world, I purposely focus on finding Five things to give me hope.  Follow that link above to join us in finding joy.

1.  Hikes and walks are always a fave with me.  Monday our weather was temperate and it was warm enough to walk.  Yay!  We drove out to the end of one path we have been wanting to walk or bike and walked 2 miles out and 2 miles back.  It was a school holiday and there were many others on the trail. Warm + free time = busy.  There was even a kitty monitoring the passing population of humans.



2.  Exploring new places in the area is also always a fave.  The county south of us is mostly rural but also has some sweet towns.  We found a coffee shop and have been twice this week, once with New Boy and then with our SoCal coffee time buddies.

3.  I finished this Many Buttoned Vest.  I particularly like the wide cabled section in the back.  Yes, I know there are no buttons on it.  The idea is to find and add your own favorite buttons.


4.  A long long zoom call with a long time friend.  We've known each other for thirty-six years, and through much of that time our friendship has been sustained over long distances.  I value her friendship so much!

5.  Family dinners.  That's what we call them.  Sometimes, they're planned.  Sometimes, they're spontaneous.  How I love living near my girls so we can just enjoy a meal and each other's company.  I am so blessed.

9 comments:

R's Rue said...

Lovely photos.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

ellen b. said...

#5...so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely vest! All those cables are lovely. It’s great that you do so much exploring. There is something that connects you to a place when you get to know those side roads and little towns. Mary

Barbara Harper said...

I don't knit but I love cables! That vest is lovely. How nice to find a new place to visit. I know what you mean about living close enough to our kids for planned and unplanned get-togethers. I love Zoom and Facetime for being able to see as well as talk with loved ones who don't live close by.

Karen said...

The vest is beautiful! I love the cables and the color! It's always fun to find a new little town and a coffee shop:) I think I should make this a new hobby. One of my best friends and I haven't lived near each other in 35 years, but we continue our friendship through occasional visits and phone calls. When she lived in Japan and long distance was so expensive back then, we wrote letters. Distance doesn't need to get in the way of a good friendship, does it:)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that you get to hike so much. The vest is beautiful! You are so talented. So
glad you were able to reconnect with a friend and have some family dinners. Have a lovely weekend. See you again soon.

Wendy said...

Yes these are difficult times but you had some lovely things going on this week. Your vest is lovely. Will you be adding buttons? Exploring new areas is fun but having family time is also a blessing. Have a good weekend.

Faith said...

Yay for walking outdoors!! We got about 4 inches of snow in yesterday's storm. We were down to BARE ground. It's pretty but i can't walk right now due to a sprained toe. UGH...it's been over a week. I dread going back to teaching Monday.....hahah...my foot does NOT like being in shoes right now.

Beautiful vest and how fun to explore new coffee shops and have family dinners. Those are all things I treasure as well.

HAPPY WEEKEND.

ps yes...peace...I'm doing a good devotional by Oswald and basically we're learning that unless the entire world comes to Christ there will never be real peace. But when Jesus returns!! GLORY HALLELUJAH we will have our Peace!

Susanne said...

Oh I love that vest!! How nice that your weather was lovely enough to enjoy some nice walks. How fun to find a new coffee shop.