Friday, May 21, 2021

Garden, Books, Celebrations

Hello, Friday Fave Fives!  Here are five ways I have been blessed and encouraged this week.  I love writing out my fave fives because it always helps me focus on what I should be thinking of--my blessings.  THIS IS THE LINK if you want to read more faves and join in.

1.  Much progress has been made on the veggie garden. (Photos coming!)  It is a lot of work to mix and add the garden soil into the beds.  Fortunately, The Professor and I can ask New Boy to help since we can count that as 'PE'.

2.  So far, of all the starts and little plants I've stuck in the part of the beds that are plant-able, only one little tomato plant has not survived.  And all the plants I pulled from my friend's garden last month and planted here are happily thriving.

3.  Because of all the gardening, our hikes/walks have been shorter.  That's ok.  We keep finding little treasures like a shortcut through the woods to the neighborhood north of us.

4.  I have enjoyed reading new to me middle school books that New Boy is assigned.  Last week I read Under the Egg which is a story about a painting a young girl finds after her grandfather dies.  The story is linked to WWII and the Nazis' confiscation of art throughout Europe.  Besides the plot and characters, there was much to read about WWII and its effects on everyone involved in the war.  Another thing to love about homeschooling.

5.  I love those texts that say things like "L is so excited!  He won first place in the science fair at school today!"  I think the being excited part is even better than the first place part.

Bonus!  We were able to join a Life Group from church for the first time!  The groups are opening now because Covid restrictions are easing.  After living in our new state for nine months, we are able to begin making closer connections with other people.

Happy Friday, my friends!

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely week. So glad the plants in your garden are doing well. There are some good YA books out there. I used to read along with some of my kids when they were younger. Glad to hear that things are going well and that you can now make some friends and connections in your new area. See you again soon!

Gattina said...

It's good that you like garden work ! I hated it, now I am happy here on my 4th floor watching the gardeners working !

Barbara Harper said...

Yay for progress and great help on the veggie garden. The life group sounds great. It's nice to be able to make those connections. Congratulations to the scince fair winner.

ellen b. said...

Glad gardening is going well. How wonderful to be able to be a part of New Boy's schooling. Woohoo for a Life Group!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Mereknits said...

Such wonderful news all around. Have a wonderful week.

Faith said...

I love all of your faves! Yay for inperson connections with other Christians and yay for your grandchild getting first place.

The middle school book sounds good!!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely week being out in the garden and having your grandson helping. Exploring your neighborhood walks sounds fun too. Glad to hear that things are opening up for you where you are. Hopefully the same will happen for us as numbers have been dropping here.