Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge, Mother's Day version

Wednesday Hodgepodge.
My answers.


1.  It's like my mama always said, "____."

    My mom told me this when I was about forty:  "When I was twenty, I worried about what people thought of me.  When I was forty, I quit worrying about what people thought of me.  When I was sixty, I realized no one was thinking about me; they were focused on themselves."

2.  May 11th is National East What You Want Day.  What will you be having by way of celebration?

    So, we have been having the discussion about this.  Cinnamon roll from Rolls By the Pound.  If I were still living in CA, I would definitely be going for my favorite burrito!  Probably, we will grab pizzas from the pizza place that has vegan options for me.  My grandson approves!

3.  Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.

    Sunny, not windy, warm.  Yesterday was almost perfect.  In the evening, The Professor and New Boy (husband and oldest grandson) had a Trail Life adventure at a local park, so I drove over with them and spent the whole time hiking around by myself.  Not much better than that!

4.  Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it related to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by.

    Growth.  I can always be growing in wisdom.

5.  I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here.  The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle.  How will  you wield it?

    The last thing I bought online was a package of socks.  Hmmm, how could I use this as a weapon in battle.  Fill with rocks or sand and use as a cosh?  Possibly.  But the best defense weapon would be to have a group of young teen boys wear them for two weeks without washing them, and then place them around the perimeter of your defensive area.  No attacker will come near because they will assume they have stumbled into the local sewage plant.

6.  Insert you own random thought here.

    My son and daughter in law sent me a Mother's Day card.  On the front was written  "A good mom sends you down the right path, then prays for you every step of the way."  TRUTH!




8 comments:

Julia @ Mini Van Dreams said...

I volunteer my daughter if you need a stinky feet weapon! Whew! I can't wait until they out grow that and I don't have to remind them to put on deodorant! lol. Stopping by from the Hodgepodge!

Lisa said...

The stinky socks - hahahaha! Why do their feet smell so yucky? Don't answer that!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the message on that Mother's Day card. So true. Glad your week is going well. See you on Friday for FFF!

ellen b. said...

Love your mama's wisdom! Haha to #5 and yes to #4!
That's Mother's day card is the Truth!

Kirstin said...

Love your answers. So good. Your spring day sounds amazing. The socks could be hilarious.

Faith said...

yay for the Mother's Day card...LOVE it. And so funny about #5. My girls were a bit (and still are, like me) OCD about stink so we always keep scented foot spray in our individual shoe bins by the garage door/kitchen door (the entrance we use). So no stinky socks or feet here. That was a clever answer!

Susan said...

That sock story was funny! I would ask my grandson to donate his because they would work wonders to keep others away!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love what your mom told you! My daughter has issues with what people think and I think I need to share this with her. I love your random too. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.