Hello Friday! It's time for FRIDAY FAVE FIVES! Click on the link to join in. All during the week, I keep a short log of what I've done each day. I try to focus on the best stuff. Then, on Friday, I write those blessings and points of gratitude in a blog post and read what others have been doing. Here is Willow's Week.
1. Younger Daughter and I planned a visit to a garden nursery. We were a bit early to meet up with friends, so we wandered around on some country roads. I love old buildings!
2. Mother's Day. Of course, that would be a favorite part of the week. We honored our two daughters by having dinner together at our house after church on Sunday. Getting take out kept us all from having to cook. Win-win! AND, both sons called and chatted. AND, I talked with World's Best Daughter-in-Law and our granddaughter PAL, too.
[warning! cuteness overload below!]
3. I was able to help Younger Daughter with some driving on Monday. The fave is obviously time spent with her, being able to assist and drive her home after she had a nasty reaction to her second vaccine shot. Then I drove her to her nursing class so she could take a test (results: highest grade in the class!).
4. Between those drives, The New Boy and I accompanied The Professor to a local park where The Prof was working through the plans for a compass reading class for Trail Life. So The New Boy and I took off on a hike. We crossed streams, tromped through mud, scrambled up a nearly vertical bank. So. Much. Fun! And we agreed that we probably shouldn't admit to all the adventures (like how many times we crossed the stream).
5. Then on the evening when the guys went to the park for Trail Life and were doing the compass reading exercise, I hiked in another section of the park. No stream crossings this time since I was on my own, and I ambled off the trail only once to take a short cut up to another trail.
Following the compass reading...
And now, a bonus fave: the weather reports are telling us that maybe, just maybe, the weather is going to warm up a bit. That means more garden time and more hiking time ahead. Happy Weekend!