December! Wow, can you believe it is the last month of this year 2022? After a month of giving thanks, we now enter the month of celebrating Advent and Christmas. So much more for which to give thanks. and so here are my five thoughts on my list of gratitude. Friday Fave Fives is a great way to join others and give thanks weekly for all the blessings.
1. Advent! HOPE. We joined a small group of people for dinner, Advent reading, and prayer time. It was wonderful!
2. Older Daughter had a successful business trip and arrived home safely yesterday.
3. I had a surgical procedure done on my left hand this morning (hence my rather late FFF post). The whole time was much less than an hour, and the doctor proclaimed it a success. He was observed by three residents/medical students which is normal for a teaching hospital.
4. I am so thankful that Younger Daughter was able to be with The Professor and me at the surgical center (she works in another center of the hospital) and was with me until the time for the surgery.
5. Afterwards, I felt well enough to make a quick Christmas shopping stop and then grab a peppermint mocha. And now I am home resting my hand and taking pain meds.
Bonus: guess what! I am not allowed to wash dishes for two weeks. Too bad, huh? I am thankful that The Professor is willing and those dirty plates won't just stack up.
How was your week as we begin December?