Christmas. Come and gone. How was your Christmas? Ours was busy, noisy, and full of blessings. We did have a white Christmas and it was very very cold.
And now we are looking toward New Years Day this weekend. Where did the year go? Here are my Friday Fave Fives, the last one for 2022! The link will take you to our host Susanne's blog.
1. Christmas Eve service was lovely. The Professor was on duty to do lighting, so Older Daughter sat with me. I love singing all the Christmas hymns!
2. On Christmas Day, we were up early. The Professor busied himself with making his special coffee cakes, one gluten free and one regular. And made coffee and more coffee. I finished placing stocking stuffers at the fireplace and presents around the Christmas tree and set the table for brunch. The hordes arrived, nine people in all, so we were a loud and happy group of eleven. There was so much food--bacon, sausage, eggs, rolls, fruit, and more.
3. After brunch, we opened our presents. Having our extra family with us was so much fun. These are the four very close friends--mom, dad, two young adult boys--who moved here from SoCal in the summer. We love having them here and part of our family.
4. While some of us finished cooking up dinner, the rest of us watched a couple of movies. Elf! White Christmas!
5. In the evening, we chatted on zoom with our CA and AZ family who couldn't be with us here. The only one missing was our oldest son a USAR Chaplain who is away on deployment right now. I know he was busy blessing many soldiers while they are all away from family and friends this holiday season.
Can you believe it? I didn't take even ONE photo! We were just so busy having fun!
I was laughing about the no photos because i only took TWO on Xmas day and they both were gifts from the girls...well one was the bag....hahah we were too busy having fun and chatting/eating/watching The Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart afte lunch.
I LOVE that your boy is a chaplain. What a neat way to bless others.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
How beautiful to enjoy the blessings of Christmas surrounded by family and friends. You made lots of lovely memories and were busy being present in the moment....like we all used to do before digital cameras and social media arrived on the scene! I'm so glad your Christmas was merry, and may God bless you richly in the New Year.
Oh, your Christmas sounds just wonderful! And I love that you were having so much fun that you didn't take photos. White Christmas is a family favorite here, too!
So glad you had a nice Christmas with family close at hand. I hope the new year is a good one for all of you. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
I'm so glad you all had so much fun!
Your Christmas sounds lovely and I know what you mean about taking photos - I didn't take many either. Happy New Year.
That sounds like a great crew! I can imagine the noise and fun. Happy New Year to you and yours!!
Happy New Year! Thank you for faithfully posting each week, and giving a peek into the family doings. Mary
Ha! We all seem to be hit with the no photo plague this Christmas. I felt all alone in that until I started reading everyone's posts. How wonderful that your extra family joined you for your Christmas celebrations! Happy New Year to you!!!
Sounds like a lovely Christmas! I only took a couple of photos, too. I love Elf and White Christmas! Wishing you all the best for 2023!
Photos not absolutely needed when you're having such a wonderful time -- and sounds like you did, noisy with a good chance of food ;-)
Post a Comment