I am a bit late posting my FAVE FIVES (follow the link to join!) My excuse? I am on a road trip. Driving across the US. But I just can't not post even if I am late. What are my Five Blessings for this week, this first week of November?
1. Four days on our road trip. All safe. That is a huge blessing.
2. We did a thing on Day Two. We walked across the Mississippi River! Did you know that there is a walking bridge that spans the Mississippi at St. Louis? Originally, it was the bridge that Rt. 66 used to cross the river. Old Chain of Rocks Bridge.
3. One morning as we were leaving our hotel, I commented to The Professor that the best thing I have seen in a long time is automatic doors that open as you approach them. No pushing, no handles. Just walk to the door and presto! It opens.
4. We arrived safely in Arizona to spend a few days with PAL. The best welcoming was PAL and her mom standing on the driveway jumping up and down and giving us lots of hugs.
5. We have long time friends who moved away from where we all lived. Then we moved away. And we hadn't seen them for a long time. Recently they moved to Arizona, and so we spend most of the day with them today. A wonderful hike and a long lunch and it seemed like we had never been apart.
I hope you have had a great week full of blessings!