Since I've been traveling, I haven't been online all that much. But I am racking up the gratitude this week for sure. All week, I've been thinking I need to share this and this and that and that for Friday Fave Fives. How can I choose just five? (The link in bold type is for you to follow if you want to read more encouraging Faves from others, or join in)
1. Lunch and afternoon chat with The Professor's oldest (longest) friend. We met him and his wife for lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant and then we drove to their place and chatted for a couple more hours before we hit the road again. What a refreshment that was since I also knew his friend as one of my first college English professors.
2. Two nights with other friends. One of the highlights of our time spent with these 'church in California' friends (we've all moved away) was that one evening we enjoyed dinner at their daughter's home and she invited yet another family from our same church to join us. Oh, that was just a wonderful time! The younger kids have grown up so much and they pretended to remember us. One even made us a banner welcoming us to their home and their state. (insert googly eyes here)
3. We proceeded on south and stopped at the Space and Rocket Museum in Huntsville, Alabama. We wandered around for HOURS reading the plaques and gazing at all the exhibits. A bonus on that was a wonderful late lunch at a great little restaurant we found on our way. The Yellow Deli.
4. Two more nights were spent with long ago college friends. The husband has had some major health issues and we were just so happy to visit with them and encourage them and rejoice with them in how well our friend is recovering.
5. Another highlight (see how they just keep rolling in?) was to meet and have dinner with a cousin's son who have grown into a wonderful young man. Also, we were able to meet his wife and her parents. You know that feeling when you have an instant rapport and know you are already 'family'? That's how it was. (If you remember seeing any photos of my children, you will see the striking resemblance with my cousin and my son.)
Bonus. Gotta have a bonus to this. Warmer weather and sunshine! I'm soaking it in.
Do come back in the next day or so and enjoy ALL.THE.PHOTOS of St. Augustine, Florida. Spoiler--yes, that is where we were for three days.
What a great trip! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family and friends. Time in the sunshine is an added bonus. So glad you could go and return before the weather turned cold and icy. You have much to be grateful for. Have a good weekend.
Glad to hear you're having such a good time. Have a good weekend.
Ooh, it all sounds wonderful! So nice to connect with old friends and family. I'm glad you had a good time:)
Congrats on escaping to warmer climes and having so many relational blessings! Fabulous!
What a wonderful trip to see family, long time friends and get some warmer sunshine!!
The Yellow Deli!! We LOVED the one in Plymouth MA last summer. It started out as part of the Jesus movement in the 1970s. Sadly, the founder died. It's been taken over and is actually a CULT now. (you can read about it if you google it). In fact, there was so much propaganda on the table in the entry way that we decided we needed to not go there again. It sure did have good food though.
I've never had a desire to go to FLorida but so many people I know love it and especially love St Augustine. Can't wait to see your pics!!
happy weekend and safe travels home.
Please read my post
Sounds like you had a nice time with your friends! I am enjoying our winter this year. I hope we get more rain. Enjoy your weekend!
So glad you get to soak up the sun and the wonderful friendships. Mary
Wow, what a great bunch of visiting with old friends and their families. Glad you had great fellowship and safety on the roads.
So many wonderful moments with people you love! Those weeks are the best. I would love to visit that museum!
Post a Comment