Friday, February 17, 2023

Lots of Love

Good Friday morning.  Here at Willow's Cottage, it is frigidly cold and small snow pellets are dropping on us.  Fortunately, so far, the snow isn't sticking.  I am snuggled up in a blanket having just returned from my Friday morning Bible study.  And now it is time to focus on my Friday Fave Fives.  What good, sweet, wonderful things have blessed my week?

1.  A long phone call with my daughter-in-law.  She is amazing and my Older Son is blessed to have her as his bride.  She has been holding down the fort at home for several months now as he has been deployed out of country.

2.  This week was that daughter-in-law's birthday!

3.  I love little bits of extra time with my children.  One day, I drove Older Daughter to a dr appt.  And then afterwards, we grabbed some coffee for the drive home.

4.  On Valentine's Day, The Professor took me to the local garden nursery.  Just for fun.  We are planning some landscaping to do this spring and wanted to see what what in stock.  I know most women would not think a garden nursery is the place to go on February 14, but it's my happy place, and he knows it.

5.  Also this week, a new washer and new dryer were delivered and installed here at Willow's Cottage as our dryer died last month just before we left on our trip south.  We called these appliances our gifts to each other.  A local nonprofit group came and removed and took away the washer (which still works) and the appliance store brought the new ones and installed them.  I have to say that all the workers were professional and very thorough.  We were very impressed.  You don't really appreciate your appliances until you don't have them.

And here is a bit of bonus inspiration for you.



12 comments:

Sandi said...

I like Bloom Where You Are Planted. 🌻

nikkipolani said...

The garden nursery is my happy place, too :-) Even if I'm not officially shopping, it's fun just to be there, get ideas, chat with people. Glad you got some lovely loves this week in person and by phone.

Karen said...

I love the saying, "Bloom where you are planted." I have it on a plaque in my den.

I think your Valentine's date sounds absolutely perfect! Dating is much more fun at our stage of the game, don't you think?! When we were doing a lot of home improvements, we would go out to eat and then to the local home improvement store to browse. I suggested they should put in a wine bar, and it would be one-stop dating for us:)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you had a nice week and had some nice family moments and conversations. It is fun to plan for new landscaping - spring will be here before we know it - really it will! So glad you got new appliances and they were installed professionally. I hope you have a good weekend! See you again soon!

Faith said...

How wonderful to have time wiht your daughter AND spend time chatting with your daughter in law!
LOVE browsing in garden stores even though i never end up buying much. We didn't do Valentines Gifts this year. We did have our family dinner on Sunday with the girls and then I made a fave dinner for dave and I Tuesday evening and of course we curled up and watched Casablanca.

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend. It was like spring here in NY all week until about 1 pm today when the wind and cold really picked up!! BRRRRRR A good night for our small group Bible study and to drink hot herbal tea.

ellen b. said...

All good things to be thankful for. We are slated for more snow this coming week but just a wee bit...hopefully. Hope the washer and dryer meet your needs well!

Susan said...

Nice that you got a new washer and dryer. I like practical things. A trip to a botanical garden is a fun thing to do. Hubby and I did that for a couple of anniversary days. Enjoy your weekend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How wonderful to have a new washer and dryer! I know you will enjoy them. I love the sunflower quote at the end. And yes, a trip to a nursery sounds good to me any time! Of course where you live it may be a bit unusual in February...but spring is just around the corner, or so we can all hope! It was rather warm here this week, in the 80's, but a cold front is coming through as we speak and it will be chilly again tomorrow, which is fine with me. It's too early for summer weather, even if it is Florida! LOL. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe and warm!

Melanie said...

I was just saying to my daughter-in-law the other day that we should "bloom where we were planted." That little quote can say it all!

I think your Valentine's Day with your hubby sounds wonderful! I hope you got lots of ideas for your spring landscaping.

I've had long talks with my daughter this week which is such a blessing. I'm so thankful for her as well as my daughter in law. She's like my second daughter.

Great news about the new washer and dryer.

Have a blessed weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

It's so nice to have one-on-one time with different family members. We want to do some landscaping along a fence, but there's usually not much selection by the time we look at plants. We should probably go earlier this year. I'm glad you had a just-right for you Valentine's Day! I'm glad the washer and dryer removal and installation went well. That's so true that we don't appreciate our appliances until something goes wrong with them.

Susanne said...

I love going to the gardening nursery too but hard not to leave there without something coming home with me. How lovely you got to spend extra time with your daughter. And happy belated to your daughter in law. Yeah for a new washer and dryer. I am very thankful for not having been born in a time when I had to do laundry in the river or over a pot of boiling water outside. LOL.

Wendy said...

I think a visit to a garden centre is a perfect trip out. Sounds like you had a good week and great that you got your appliances replaces with no hassle. Yes we definitely miss them when we haven't got them.