FRIDAY FAVE FIVES. (follow the link to read more friends posting their faves) This is Willow's Week condensed into FIVE BEST BLESSINGS.
1. Saturday provided opportunities to have a great deal of fun and to show a great deal of patience. Let me explain. All the family here decided to drive about two hours south to attend the Renaissance Faire. It was Viking weekend and we have been excited about enjoying the bagpipes playing and the knights jousting. All went well with costumes and caravanning. Until. The last THREE MILES took us THREE HOURS to drive. Evidently, waaay more people than anyone thought wanted to attend on Saturday. After two hours of going two miles, The Professor and all the kids jumped out of the two cars and walked the rest of the way. I'm thankful for finally arriving safely, for good attitudes from everyone, and a fun time at the Ren Faire.
2. Warm days this week has meant that I have spent hours and hours in my garden. Mostly I am cleaning and cutting back although we are still eating tomatoes, lettuce and kale daily. I am so very thankful to have a place to make a garden.
3. I had a dermatology appointment this week. Fortunately, there was only one spot that caused the PA to stop and take a small biopsy--just to be sure.
4. During the evenings this week, we watched some documentaries about Walking Through History with Sir Tony Robinson on Hoopla. These just made us want to return to England and explore that wonderful countryside and ALL THE HISTORY!
5. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends we are making in our now home place. I know I've mentioned our coffee friends. Every Friday morning we try to meet up and try a new coffee shop around the county. Good coffee. Best friends. You know what I love the most? Watching the two guys talk nonstop.
BONUS! Our PAL (youngest granddaughter turned seven (!) this week! Happy Birthday, PAL! We love you!
These are just Five Blessings I am thankful for this week. How about you?