All things being EQUAL, this has been an interesting week. Weather changes, rain and more rain, sick grandsons (one is better, the other not yet), harvesting tomatoes [so many tomatoes]. I am thankful for all the blessings of this week, and I am sharing with you to encourage you. For more encouragement, you can go to Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story and find other FRIDAY FAVE FIVES.
1. It's officially fall. We've passed the EQUINOX. That means (maybe) that our temperatures will moderate. The fave of this? Our weather this week has been cool and rainy already.
2. I make a point of reading books about the Holocaust (like the book I recommended two weeks ago). I wouldn't say I enjoy reading them, but I think it is important to keep these stories in people's minds and hearts. This week I read Jack and Rochelle, an autobiographical memoir of two young Jewish people who survived and fought in a partisan group in Eastern Poland during World War II. I highly recommend reading it!
3. A drive around Amish Country. This was our first trip to visit Amish Country which is about an hour away from where we live. Besides the obvious horses and black buggies, we simply enjoyed driving through the rural areas of our state. Stopping at one of the shops, we chose a few items to try.
4. On Saturday, we joined Younger Daughter and her doggie Shep (he's a Bernese Mountain Dog) for a 'walk in the woods'. Most of the time we were on a paved path, but we did take a turn onto a path that was quite overgrown. We love those spontaneous detours. And we love our hikes. And Shep loves his Bapa. I am so thankful for beautiful places to walk in nature, for living near my girls, for the health to be able to do so much outdoors.
5. The trees are just beginning to lose their leaves; some are starting to change colors. We have enjoyed our summer walks, but autumn walks are the BEST. Stepping on all the crunchy leaves. There is no EQUAL!
And bonus! Barns!
Enjoy this first week of fall as we enjoy the AUTUMNAL EQUINOX.