Friday, September 03, 2021

September means...

 Oh wow, it's September.  With all the heartache and unrest of this summer, I do welcome September.  Am I the only person who thinks that September is the real New Year?  Must be all the years of attending school and teaching.

As we head in to the fall season, I have so many things to be thankful for this week.  Here are my Friday Fave Fives which I am sharing to remind myself and to encourage others. (follow the link to join in)

1.  September means a break in the hot and humid weather (at least temporarily).  I truly appreciate the cooler temperatures we have experienced the past several days.

2.  I am reading through the Bible in one year, using a study guide that accompanies a chronological Bible.  This week, even though I am reading what some people might term as OT boring, I have been blessed and challenged to pray those Scriptures.

3.  I finished a knitting project!  I made this vest from yarn in my stash.  I love the colors!  And because the weather has moderated, I've already worn it twice!

4.  I love receiving photos of PAL!  She is on a road trip and her parents are sending us pictures.  AND...my new computer is not cooperating to download those pictures...  I will post them if and when they do download.

5.  We haven't been out hiking this week although we have gotten in several neighborhood walk.  We live close enough to the local grocery store (almost a mile) that one evening we decided to walk over and grab a few items we needed.  Win-win.  Grocery shop and walk.

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a beautiful vest! You are so talented at knitting. So glad your weather has cooled off and you are getting some walks in. Sounds like you had a good week. See you again soon!

R's Rue said...

Happy September. I hope it’s a good one for you. Hugs.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Your vest is so pretty! We won't get cooler weather until the end of October. I am going to Cayucos in a couple weeks with friends. It should be cooler there. Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

I’m so impressed that you have enough yarn in your stash (of the same kind and color!) to make a vest. I like the edging on it. The color is lovely. Mary

Barbara Harper said...

I'm trying not to be envious of those who have mentioned cooler temperatures! None here yet, except maybe just a bit in the evenings. I would love to read the Bible chronologically some time. The vest is very nice. Sounds like PAL and family are having a great trip.

ellen b. said...

Lovely vest. What fun to get photos from Pal on the road trip. Happy Labor Day weekend to you!

A Joyful Cottage said...

The vest is lovely. Having a grocery store within walking distance is nice. There have been a couple of times in my life when our neighborhood had a grocers, and I enjoyed the times I walked there. Although it was in the mid 80's today, I noticed there was a definite change in the air. It wasn't a warm summer day. It was a warm autumn day. . .that's how it felt. I love the OT, although I do find commentaries to be very helpful in understanding the prophecies. On my own I struggle. Have a great week! xo

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful vest. I am looking forward to the cooler temps and an end to the humidity we’ve had this summer. I live close to the market as well and like to walk when I only need a few things. I much prefer to get a few things at a time then go to the big store and get too much stuff.