Good Morning! It is a lovely mid September morning here at Willow's Cottage. I am sitting on my back patio enjoying a cuppa Joe and watching my hibiscus bush wave in the soft breeze. This is the right time to ponder what blessings have come my way this week. I do this every Friday and join several other lovely people in focusing on FRIDAY FAVE FIVES.
1. A good laugh. The New Boy (for those who don't know, that's older grandson) showed me something funny this week. Go to google and type in askew (or click on the word). Look carefully at the answer. Trust me. You'll laugh. Then do the same with anagram. Someone has been bored at work.
2. A mother-daughter day with Younger Daughter. We didn't do much of what we had planned because her lupus had flared. But we did drop off Little Warrior (younger grandson) at Trail Life campout with The Professor, New Boy and New Boy's mom (they had a great weekend!). We took a short hike in the woods, then we drove home along some beautiful country roads and filled our minds and hearts with all the peaceful scenery.
And of course I had to take at least one photo of a barn!
3. On the way, we stopped at a yard sale. Score! She found a great deal on a recumbent exercise bike and an antique sled decorated for Christmas, and I snagged a well preserved 1940s style side table which will blend in well with my mid-century modern furniture. And the man who was selling them was a delightful older gentleman so the visit was pleasant as well.
4. Last week I met two of the neighbors who live across the street. One evening this week, I was walking alone because The Professor had a meeting to attend, and they were sitting together on a front patio. They invited me to join them and I enjoyed getting to know them more.
5. I've started another sock yarn afghan. Knitting is my calming activity. I chose these colors from my stash because, well, I love turquoise! And it will be warm and snuggly this winter.