It's December! It's Advent! It's almost Christmas! It's also Friday and time for Friday Fave Fives with Susanne from Living To Tell the Story. I love the stories we tell on Fridays--the blessings of the week.
1. Christmas stockings. It may be preliminary to open our Christmas stockings the day after Thanksgiving, but since the New Mexico and Arizona families were leaving that afternoon, we decided we wanted the fun and atmosphere of Christmas to be the final fun for the week. The children received snow globes, and the adults scored gift cards.
2. On Monday, I had a small bit of basal cell skin cancer removed from the bridge of my nose. Don't panic or worry--it was small, the doctor removed it all, and this type of cancer is not aggressive. People with light skin and blue eyes (me!) often have these spots removed. Add to my genetic makeup the fact I spent a decade living at the equator and two decades living in sunny SoCal, I am a prime candidate. Right now, I look like I was in a fist fight (but you should see the other guy!) and I may have a small Harry Potter style scar for awhile which greatly impressed the grandkids.
3. Since my activity is limited for a week, The Professor has been taking fine care of me.
4. Younger daughter has been changing the dressings on the wound. Since she is in nursing school, this is right in her bailiwick. Actually, it has been fun. "Oh, the swelling is down." "You are healing fast, Mom." "The doctor did a great job with those stitches." "How many times did you ice it today?"
5. First Sunday of Advent. I love celebrating Advent! This week is HOPE.
Happy December! Happy Advent! HOPE!