The First Friday in July! We are now into the second half of 2021. Here's to health and recovery. [joke inserted: The Professor commented that he knows that the covid pandemic is truly over-- because Costco's food court is open!] This was Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. The New Boy fell last Friday and broke his wrist. We got the call to pick him up*, but Auntie was able to get there first and brought him to our house after a visit to the ER. The good news is that his visit to the orthopedist on Monday confirmed that he has a radial fracture (not the worst kind of break), so he is wearing a velcro brace not a cast. *he is a leader-in-training at the local YMCA camp.
2. Our weather has been HOT and HUMID. I am thankful for air conditioning! Thank you, Willis Carrier!
3. The Professor and I decided one morning to take a hike before the weather really heated up. We chose a shady part of the TJ Evans trail that runs along the river. Well, it was still very hot and muggy and we definitely were sweaty by the time we left the parking lot. However, we persisted for 3.5 miles. And we found a hidden trail which we followed for 1/4 mile. We'll be back later to continue exploring!
4. After those hot, hot, hot days, we have had a bit of cooling down, which here evidently means rain and thunderstorms. As I was pulling in to my driveway during one of the downpours, it popped into my head how thankful I am that we have a new sturdy (and hopefully waterproof) roof on our home.
5. The flowers on the south side (sunny side!) of our house are blooming. And they are attracting bumblebees and honey bees. I'm always thankful for my garden.
Bonus #1: Happy Birthday to my favorite brother! (although he doesn't read my blog...)
Bonus #2: If you enjoy pictures of old barns, come back in the next day or so as I will be posting photos from our road trip through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa farm country.
Hi Willow -
So glad The New Boy's wrist fracture is not serious and will heal quickly. I love your flowers. That trail looks great. I would enjoy exploring that one! Have a good weekend and a Happy July 4th!
Good news for New Boy's wrist. Humidity and my hair don't mix well. Happy 4th of July weekend to you!
I will definitely be back to see your farm country photos. Isn’t the rain welcome after such hot days. Mary
The high heat and humidity seems to have left eastern NY for now too as we had some rain today and cooler temps. It's still a bit humid but nothing like it was earlier this week! I'm thankful for central air too! Tonight hte windows are open as is so cool.
Thankfully the grandson's wrist is not a bad break.
That looks like a great trail. I haven't hiked at all this week!! Kayaked yes. And some nice walks. but no hiking for me until Sunday.
I love old barns....will be back to see your photos.
Happy Independence Day weekend!!
So glad your grandson's break wasn't worse--though I am sure it is no fun as it is. Hope it heals well and quickly. It's nice to have relief from heat and humidity. I am thankful for AC, too--and good roofs. Pretty flowers!
Praying for quick healing on that wrist of your grandson's. Glad it wasn't the bad kind of break. Sitting in a two week heat warning, I am very thankful for ac! Those flowers are lovely!
Glad the break didn't turn out to be too bad for your grandson and your weather is improving. Lovely flowers.
Post a Comment