Good Morning, friends! It's August! How does that happen so fast? Wasn't it June just last week?
Here it is Friday already. Here is Willow's Week for Friday Fave Fives. As always, I am thankful for so much in my life.
1. Two birthdays this week. Younger Daughter's birthday was Saturday. She wanted to celebrate by visiting a new to her local coffee shop and then taking a walk on the nearby lake. (She has been dog sitting for the neighbors, so we had FOUR doggies to walk!). Then Older Son, Chaplain Dan, had his birthday this week. Although we couldn't be with him, we had a great phone conversation. And we had seen him two weeks ago.
2. This has been a productive week. I had gotten out of the habit of making a 'to do list', and it was evident by how little I was doing. So I am back to using my 3x5" cards for making my daily list. A few years ago, my friend showed me her method. It really works well for me. It was obvious this week.
3. Bike ride. We did six and a third miles one morning before it got too hot. The Professor really loves riding his bike and I enjoy it too.
4. Progress on finishing the pergola on our back patio. Assembling and putting it up and adjusting its position takes more than two people. Fortunately, we have strong daughters and grandchildren. They joined us one evening and we are now working on the last step--drilling holes in cement to anchor the poles (The Professor may be having way too much fun with his new drill).
5. How does one get helpers? Feed them! To gather our workers, we used the 'we buy, you work' method. The overwhelmingly popular choice this week was Panda Express. It's a win-win-win for me as I don't have to cook, I get yummy Chinese food, and we get (mostly)willing workers. And of course the underlying feeling of thankfulness is always present when I realize that I am a phone call away from half my children and three-quarters of my grandchildren.
What are you noticing in your life, events that push your attitude to thankfulness?