Friday, August 13, 2021

Mid August Heat and Humidity Faves

 Hello from Hot and Humid Ohio!  As I understand it, most of North America is experiencing this same weather, or worse.  Stay hydrated!  And those who are in southern climes, enjoy your winter weather.  And you may have noticed that I was able to change my header photo.  So.Much.Better.

I thought that this week would be quieter.  Nope.  The activities just kept piling up.  The posts I had planned to write didn't happen and here it is Friday already.  Friday Fave Fives (follow the link).  Here is Willow's Week.

1.  I love it when I finish some knitting.  This week I finally sewed the buttons on these two baby cardigans.  Done and Done!  Now I can move on to my next project without feeling that guilty tug to finish these first.



And a little hair band.


2.  Summertime also means Shakespeare (and other plays) in the Park.  This is a big city thing that we have been doing for years whenever we came to visit.  Now it is part of our summer plans to drive in and watch as many as we can.  This past Friday night, it was Euripides.  The Professor and all the children have acted in many plays (not me!) so they really enjoy this.  And the extra fun part for The Prof is watching the lighting.

3.  The New Boy and The Professor were at a local park for their Trail Life activity one evening, So Older Daughter and I took a walk along the river while they were in their meeting.  I love my walks even if they are just in town.

4.  The dentist.  Why oh why would this be a fave?  The fave part is that the dentist listens to me and understands my issues with deadening the pain (lots of meds don't work on me).  My visit was pain free.  Now THAT'S the fave.

5.  All the thunderstorms and rainstorms are keeping me inside.  That means (if I'm motivated) that I am able to get little projects done around the house.  I love thunderstorms anyway, so it is fun to watch the lightning as I read or work. 

And as a bonus,  just some green forest beauty.


7 comments:

Faith said...

LOVE the forest beauty. We had perfect summer last week and now we are in the midst of some CRAZY high humidity and heat. when I left the classroom this afternoon it was 94!!! But I'm finally on vacation and I wil ltake THIS weather over our northeast winters any day!!

how fun to go to Shakespeare in the Park. We used to do that....musicals in the park although for the last few years we have not ventured down to Albany to see one.

I love walks but it's been WAY Too hot for me this week and also i've had to ice my back anyways after work to get it ready for hiking next week. Still dealing with some back pain.

ENjoy the weekend...I think it's supposed to cool off by late tonight.

Wendy said...

Those knits are cute. Enjoy the Shakespeare and those walks. Lovely scenery.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. I just love your knitting projects. Shakespeare in the park sounds so wonderful. As you know, we went to the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City this summer and plan to do that every year from now on. I love those green and lush trails you have to hike on. Hope you have a great weekend. See you again soon.

Anonymous said...

Some happy mama is going to enjoy those sweet little sweaters. I wonder what is the next project you are planning?
Have you noticed what a “restful” color green is? Your pictures capture it. Mary

ellen b. said...

It must be fun to be on the other side of those plays, watching instead of making sure all goes well. We're due for some relief from hot temps this coming week. Looking forward to it.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh those little jumpers are so adorable. You must be overjoyed to be so close to your family this summer even if it’s been beastly hot! We’ve had a lousy summer as far as weather goes as well. As much as I love summer I’m looking forward to Autumn.

Barbara Harper said...

Those sweaters are so cute! Our area just had an outdoor Shakespeare play, but it was too hot to go. It's nice to be able to walk by a river. Yay for a pain-free dentist's visit. Beautiful forest photos.