It is now Friday early afternoon and I am home from all my wanderings and appointments of the morning.
As I was sitting in Bible Study, I was reflecting on my week and thinking, "What can I write about? It was one of those weeks when stuff happened and I need to focus on the good things." Then I noticed I had a message on my phone. It was my (new) pastor's wife, just checking in and telling me she was praying for me today. OK! Right there--that should count for ALL.FIVE.FAVES for this week! She remembered. She prayed. She cared. She told me. She encouraged me.
That caused me to pull out my pencil and notepad and write down all the other blessings that suddenly popped into my mind.
1. Today I wore a vest I knitted last year. It's not my favorite although I love the pattern. I made it from a heavier yarn and it just doesn't fit me right. But. Several people complimented me on how lovely it is. Maybe it looks better than I thought...
photos of the detailed cables on the back of the vest
2. World's Best Neighbor has a tiny patch of rhubarb in her garden. She shared some with me and I baked a strawberry rhubarb crisp. YUM!
3. I finished weaving another scarf this week. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE weaving on my Cricket rigid heddle loom? (photos soon! I am in the process of blocking it.)
4. Some younger women at church have expressed interest in learning to sew. I offered to teach some hand sewing basics, and we started this week. Something as simple as sewing a straight seam is bringing me so much joy. I get to teach. I get to become better friends with these young women.
5. Apologies to all of you who are in very very cold places. Including my daughters. Here in Southern California, we are all excited about the rain. It rained one day this week. And we are going to get more rain starting tonight! Maybe finally our decade of drought is ending!