I am so thankful for the ability to create beautiful things from fiber. This week I've been focusing on finishing some things. Other than the usual daily tasks, this is what I've done. They're my Fave Finishes! I'm sharing them for Friday Fave Fives with Susanne as our host.
1. The main reason I have been focusing on the knitting is that I emptied the four drawers of yarn this week and reorganized them My intent was to pull out and give away some of the yarn I know I'll never use. The Professor told me I should have taken a photo of the bed--piled high with different yarns all in their little sections. Acrylic. Wool. Sock. Cotton. At least it's organized again and some is finding its way to others who will use it.
2. A vest. It's still in the beginning stages. I love love love the yarn--wool and silk. Yum.
3. Socks. I've decided to work my way through a bunch of sock yarn. You can't have too many warm socks when it's rainy and damp and cold. I was working on this sock at the doctor's office this week and drew a lot of attention. (Was it the sharp needles or the yarn?)
4. Scarves. It was almost Valentine's Day and I had some left over red and pink yarns. What to make? Another scarf! I started it with warping on Tuesday night and finished it on Thursday evening. I'll be wearing it to a Valentine's dinner tonight (Friday night). The colors in the photo show the scarf to have much more pink tones and less red. In real life, the scarf is mostly red.
5. Another bunny. This one is for Easter. Photos soon.
How did you enjoy your week? Any creative outlets?