May First! May Day! Wow, 2020 is moving along. Some days it seems like it is creeping slowly and other days just zip by. But here we are in the merry month of May (although it doesn't seem so merry right now). And it's Friday and time for FRIDAY FAVE FIVES here at Willow's Cottage.
1. I know that it seems like every week when we are focusing on our blessings that someone mentions acts of kindness that people either give or receive. This week as I was talking with someone, she mentioned how her mom (for whom she is a caregiver) insisted on knocking on a neighbor's door to say hello when they were on a short walk. It turns out that the neighbor needed help with some things, and so our church care group was able to step up and help. A knock on a door resulted in an older man being able to get the help that he needed. I love hearing that story of kindness multiplied.
2. My friend is decluttering her yarn stash. I cluttered up my stash with three bunches of beautiful yarn, one white wool yarn, one deep ruby red alpaca yarn, and one hand dyed variegated blue and green merino wool yarn. I've been scouring various sources searching for just the right pattern for each yarn. I see lots of blissful shawl and sweater knitting in my future because of my friend's generosity.
3. I'm thankful for lots and lots of books to read.
4. I love those phone calls that begin with, "Hi, Mom!" Those may be my most favorite words ever.
5. Do you love cloudy days? I realize that where I live (right now) that most days are sunny. That's what a mediterranean climate is. So when we get those "May Gray" and "June Gloom" days, we are enjoy them to the fullest. We even had some May Gray days at the end of April. The fog and low clouds hang on the mountains and hover over the coastal plain. I think it is beautiful, and I'm thankful for cooler days.