Spring is blooming in full force now. The California poppies are still showing their orange blossoms; the bougainvillea are blooming in all their vibrant shades. Roses are opening on the bushes. I love spring and love the idea of new growth. I'm thankful as always for the beauty around me. Here are the things that have popped out at me that made me thankful this week. My Friday Fave Fives.
1. I just can't help sharing! Everything is blooming! The jacaranda trees! We had an outing to the grocery store, and because we haven't been driving around town, we hadn't seen that the jacaranda trees are blooming!
2. PAL graduated from preschool this week. There was no ceremony, but the teachers came by her house and she put on her cap and gown and received her graduation diploma. We are able to watch the 'ceremony' via skype. Then her parents sent us these pictures.
In honor of all the masks I've been sewing, I decided to have a bit of fun and sew a mask for Eleanor.
3. After I sent a picture of Eleanor wearing her mask to show PAL, I decided that her bunny Beatrix needed a mask, too. So I made another one and mailed it off to her. It's important to keep our bunnies safe, too.
4. We miss spending time with The Professor's sister who lives in town. So today we got take out from our favorite restaurant, Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill, and took it to her house where we sat on her front porch and had a social distance lunch with her.
5. My wonderful art group friends are special to me. Every Friday morning at 7:30 am, we get together on Skype and chat and pray and discuss a book we've chosen to read. Now we are reading Hidden Art by Edith Schaeffer. I love this special time with my friends. We share our art projects and it doesn't matter if we're in our robes sipping our morning coffee. We just love our time together.
I hope even during this very weird time in our lives that we will continue to keep on keeping on. We can still be thankful for all the blessings in our lives.