1. It has been really hot (for us) this week! I am thankful for air conditioning!
2. What we see on our walks. This week, we walked in the back part of the (closed) neighborhood golf course. That's where we see deer and bunnies and geese. Sometimes, we see birds like hawks, owls, quail, and egrets. And road runners! The picture isn't great, but Road Runner took off with his crest and tail feathers sticking up. We don't often get to see the road runners, so that was fun.
3. My favorite time of day is sunset. I love the painted skies!
4. I also love watching the moon rise above the mountain ridge behind our house.
5. Did you notice that three of the four Faves are about nature? I love God's creation. He was the first landscape architect and shares His beauty with us. My mother was the first person to constantly share her love of nature around us, and I carry that in my earliest memories. "Oh, look! The mountain is beautiful today!" "See the beautiful forest? There are fir trees and ferns and flowers!" "Oh! The ocean is so blue today!" I'm thankful that my mom instilled her love of nature in me.
my mom in her early 20s
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS!