I am a bit late logging on and joining with Friday Fave Fives. We've been out of town and just returned this afternoon. So I am catching up as quickly as I can.
1. I love hot water. I am thankful when I have it. But. Right now at home, we don't have any because our hot water heater broke. Fortunately, our son noticed it immediately since he is visiting with us for several days. Why is not having hot water a fave? It's not. But in thinking about what I consider a blessing, hot water is one of those things.
2. We had company for two nights just after our water heater broke. A 'girl' who grew up in Indonesia with our children now lives in Thailand with her husband and three daughters. They are here in the US for a few months and were traveling through our area, so they stopped to visit. We had the BEST time with them and thoroughly enjoyed chatting and reminiscing with her. Another nice thing about it was that not having hot water didn't phase them at all. She grew up like my kids did, and her girls are growing up in a similar way.
3. The same day our friends left, The Professor and I took off on a short camping trip at a nearby state park. We took our little motor home and enjoyed three nights of 'glamping'. Fires in the fire pit. Relaxing in camp chairs reading books. A couple of short walks. We loved our camping trip even though it rained a bit each day.
4. A long time friend (our children were in high school together) moved a couple of years ago to the area where we camped! So she drove over and spent four hours with us, and we enjoyed our time with her especially since she will be moving to the east coast to be near her daughter and grandchildren soon.
5. And now we are home. I am thankful for my home.
Bonus: My youngest and oldest children have birthdays this week!