Friday, June 03, 2022

June's First Friday

 Welcome!  Good Friday morning.  It's June!  Where did those five months of 2022 disappear to so quickly?  And this week, too.  Here I am to share my Friday Fave Fives which focus on how I have been blessed this week.  Click THIS LINK to join in sharing your own Fave Fives.

1.  Memorial Day was this week. It is not always easy 1to ponder the meaning of this day which as it was originally called was a Day of Remembrance of those who have died during war and during their military service time.  But it is important to do so. 

2.  Tall Boy (formerly New Boy) is now a high schooler!  He finished strong in his homeschool studies.  His last writing assignment was to write a list and a paragraph about things he learned this year.

3. On the last two days,  he asked to play Scrabble with us after school time before we took him home. I am proud to say he beat me.

4. Saturday morning, we drove to a town north of us where the Trail Life troop was participating in the ice cream festival parade. Little Warrior (younger grandson) sat on their float around a "campfire" and threw candy to the people lining the streets.  Tall Boy marched in front of the float and proudly carried the American flag. The Professor walked alongside as he is one of the adult leaders. I cheered and cheered! So proud of them.

5.  I totally messed up my days on Wednesday thinking we were having coffee with our friends. Oops. Wrong day.  But because they were with us, Tall Boy and Little Warrior got extra snacks, and we got coffee anyway.  Some days are like this.

I hope you are excitedly looking forward to June but at the same time looking back to acknowledge the blessings of May.

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, the year is passing so quickly! I think organizations like Trail Life and Boy Scouts are important for young men. My sons are both Eagle Scouts as is my oldest grandson. Sounds like you had a good week. It is so neat that you get to be so involved in the lives of your grandchildren! Hope you have a good weekend.

Faith said...

Love your blessings you've listed. How fun to play Scrabble with your grandson AND watch the loved ones in a parade.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend...any hiking plans?? (i'm heading to Vermont....to a trail up a little mountain about 1.5 hours east of our home).

ellen b. said...

Happy to hear New Boy has graduated to Tall Boy! I also like Little Warrior's title which will have to change soon, too, I suppose. How nice that you could be there to cheer all the guys on!! Happy June to you.

Barbara Harper said...

It's so neat your grandsons and husband could participate in the parade. How fun Tall Boy wanted to play Scrabble. It was nice that being off a day for your meet-up led to a nice outing anyway.

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had a good week with the Grandsons.

Susanne said...

Hi Willow. Link is all fixed. I can't believe how fast this year is going. And I can't believe New Boy, now Tall Boy is a high schooler!! Seems like yesterday you were posting all those cute pics of him doing toddler things. Love the blessings from the week and how much family was involved in those.

Melanie said...

I'm always glad to see June come. It's a big birthday month with not only two children but 2 grandchildren. I get days mixed up too, so I have a calendar to keep things straight. Tall Boy beating you at scrabble! I never was good at that game. I'm sure you gave him a run for his money! Have a great day.

nikkipolani said...

I kind of like "Remembrance Day" though it, too, would likely lose nearly all meaning except sales and a day off work.

Hurray for more family time and for your grandsons who are doing so well. And that you are nearby to be part of it all.