Edit to add: I should have reported that the sale of our home is moving along. So far, so good.
Here are five things that I have been blessed with this week.
1. An older friend from church is decluttering his house after his wife passed away. He has handed over all her yarn to me (as the conduit) to share with others. Wow. There is a lot of yarn. It is going to be a blessing to my friend's weaving studio, Threadbender Textiles, and to a church's knit group which makes afghans, prayer shawls and hats for people who need them.
2. I just can't get enough of the beautiful animals and birds in our neighborhood.
Herons and ducks night fishing
3. On Saturday, a friend and I hiked up the very steep trail to the water storage tank across the freeway from where I live and almost exactly halfway between her house and mine. When we reached the top just above the tank, we sat on the highest rock and chatted for a long time before hiking back down. The views were stunning!
We were actually overlooking Highway 101, Camino Real. Waaay out there under the fog bank is the Pacific Ocean.
One of the places where your California lemons are grown
4. I had a good reminder to FINISH something this week. I'm working on it! There's a knitting project someone asked me to do (make a copy of an antique doll's sweater which was ruined) and I've been procrastinating. It needs to be finished before we move. So I picked it up and have been knitting and am nearing the end.
5. This week was our anniversary. We've been married forty-seven years! My constant thought that day was--we started out on an adventurous life and it seems like we just continue with the adventures.
Bonus. A favorite quote (taken from Micah 6:8)
Do not be daunted by
the enormity of the world's grief.
Do justly, now.
Love mercy, now.
Walk humbly, now.
You are not obligated to complete the work,
But neither are you free to abandon it.