I check the calendar and realize, Nope, we're still in July. I know I'm not the only person who just has no idea of what month it is or even what day it is. So I think it's Friday. I hope. If it is, that means it's Friday Fave Fives day. No matter what day it is, I need to remember to be thankful for all the blessings in my life. Here are mine for this week.
1. We are keeping careful track of the progress of our home sale. Our excellent agent is keeping us up to date, and it's still on track for closing August 10th. I am so thankful that it seems to be working out.
2. Bring Your Own Dinner in the park with our friends who have the blueberry ranch, which is now actually the strawberry ranch. We chatted for almost three hours. I'm thankful for wonderful long time friends (who I will miss so much!).
3. Wednesday morning, I walked up to my friend's home. She is part of my weekly Bible Study class and is the leader for my small group. She got our group of ladies together in her back garden and we spent a wonderful couple of hours sipping our coffee and catching up. I was totally surprised by the cards and little gifts they shared with me since this will be the last time I am able to be with them.
4. We were given an unexpected blessing this week in the form of A.Whole.Bunch. of used moving boxes. As I was walking home from my friend's (see above), I passed a new neighbor who we had met on one of our nightly walks. He was throwing used moving boxes out of his garage, so I asked him if I could have them. YES! So The Professor and I drove our car up to his place and filled it with boxes. Four times. It was a win-win. He got rid of the boxes he didn't want and we got boxes we need.
5. Back gardens and parks are great places to meet (see #2). The art group met in a park this morning and we discussed one more chapter of Hidden Art. We can be social distanced and still have the friendship and fellowship together.